Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
you'll have to forgive me for this newby question.
i have only had my sled for a little more then a year.
its a '96 Arctic Cat EXT EFI DELUXE 580 with fuel and oil injection, liquid cooled, electric start and reverse.
i noticed when i first start it in the morning ( or whenever i get around to starting it each day) it smokes alot of exhaust atleast at first. when i drive the sled there no smoke just when i first start it each day and like when it idles.
this seems like it should be a common thing for snowmobiles to be a little smokey with the exhaust at first. is this true?
the sled runs solid and seems to be tight and strong, so it really doesnt seem like theres a problem . i just wanted to know if all snowmobiles are a little smokey when u start them up?

thanks,
BiLL

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
yup, smoke is good, common with them all, except 4 strokers. U think Ultras are known to be one of the smokiest!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
We have nothing, just grass and leaves!

·
Registered
795 Posts
With that sled check the intake boots for cracks and replace if cracked. Those efi systems are set rich so if you're fouling plugs try switching to br9eya plugs which are more resistant to fouling.[;)]

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I start up my 650 in the evening for two minutes every night to fog the yard for mosquitoes. Works great but everyone complains about there eyes burning. Yep they smoke. Some more than others.

·
Registered
963 Posts
the reason it could be smoking is because when you summerize the sled you spray a liquid on the carbs and that will make it smokey but it should ware off. but smoke is normal you should see a little when you start up becasue of the choke and burning off extra fuel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.