Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a set of 07 700 Dragon steering spindles, are these the lightweight improved ones? Or am I going to have to look for a set from an 08/09. That or just drop the dough for the HRP spindles?

·
Registered
85 Posts
your best bet is to go 08 or 09 because they are the most updated ergos. i dont know to many people that have had very good luck with HRP spindles

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
09's if oem

·
Registered
848 Posts
02zr440sp said:
your best bet is to go 08 or 09 because they are the most updated ergos. i dont know to many people that have had very good luck with HRP spindles
That's a good point.

I don't have any problems with mine, steering wise, but I haven't ridden a newer sled so I couldn't really say.

·
Registered
85 Posts
there isnt a lot of differance between those three years only a few degrees but any one who knows about suspension and geometry knows a few degrees is all the differance in the world in terms of handling

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Before you spend the money on spindles I'd throw some 09' skis on your sled. I have a buddy that did this and it made a much bigger difference than spindles. If you can afford it do both though.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Skis will be updated this winter, but for now I'm looking to alleviate steering effort. The first few hundred miles of the season my palms, hands, arms, and shoulders hurt from riding. Less effort = less discomfort = more miles. I'm not some sally who would rather not ride than be uncomfortable, but I'm sure anyone who owns a stock 05/06 Fusion can testify to the massive amounts of effort needed to turn these things.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
88400 said:
Skis will be updated this winter, but for now I'm looking to alleviate steering effort. The first few hundred miles of the season my palms, hands, arms, and shoulders hurt from riding. Less effort = less discomfort = more miles. I'm not some sally who would rather not ride than be uncomfortable, but I'm sure anyone who owns a stock 05/06 Fusion can testify to the massive amounts of effort needed to turn these things.
I had an 06 600 too so I realize they steer like crap. The mounting hole on the 09 skis is moved so it makes it much easier to steer. It will loosen it up more than spindles.

·
Registered
848 Posts
88400 said:
For me it usually takes a few rides to get my arms, BACK, and thumb used to riding again. But after that, its all good, just wish there wasn't so much of an off-season.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Bames said:
88400 said:
For me it usually takes a few rides to get my arms, BACK, and thumb used to riding again. But after that, its all good, just wish there wasn't so much of an off-season.
i put 07 skis on my sled and found huge difference,are 08-09 skis same as 07.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
polaris37 said:
Bames said:
88400 said:
i put 07 skis on my sled and found huge difference,are 08-09 skis same as 07.
They changed from 07. Pretty sure 08 and 09 are the same but don't quote me on that

1 - 11 of 11 Posts