Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw an add on craigslist in may, for $2300 for this sled. Saw the same sled listed in september for $2g, so I decided to pounce.

Stole it today for $1,800...

2010926202617140_18890.jpg 201092620214843_18890.jpg

2010926202156640_18890.jpg

More pics in the gallery, and I'll get some better pics in daylight.. Didn't get home till after dark because of a truck breakdown, but that's another thread..

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Congrats! I've always had a soft spot for those SKS's. Has the motor been gone through?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
for 9941 miles, she sure is clean! Great buy Dave. Did that Ultra motor show up on your doorstep yet?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
for 9941 miles, she sure is clean! Great buy Dave. Did that Ultra motor show up on your doorstep yet?
Correction, 9941.6 a lot can happen in .6 miles[thumb]I'm joking, it is a really nice sled though[8D]

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, the guy who sold me the sled, was a real do-it guy.. He bought it new, lives in tug hill and rode daily, had the shocks filled every year, and the clutches rebuilt every other.

Last season he rebuilt the top end because the compression was starting to get a little low, and gave me the old pistons with the sled.. (they had some blow-by for sure) He sent the jugs out to be nikasil'd and they found a slight crack in the jug, so he put a brand new jug on it.

No egged out holes that I could find, the track looks almost new, the seat was re-covered, and it was covered and garage stored for it's entire life. He also put in a SLP hi-flow air kit, and a Sno-tuff Can. It also came with a cover, the stock can, the stock windshield, a gallon of VES-gold oil, and chaincase oil.

The only signs of age, are rust on the trailing arm and on the torque arms in the skid. And, it's got a noise in the chaincase...

No, the ultra motor hasn't arrived yet.. I'm gonna take my time with the 680, and put it in next year. This year I wanna get CAT batteryless EFI and get that running on the twin. Have some fun with that on the hill drags.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts