Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
First off it all depends on how good you are with working on sleds an maintence. 440's will last just as long as 600-800's if they a jetted and tuned properly. Secondly if your going to be doing trail riding i would reclucth it and re gear it so it can go a lil faster on the top end to keep up with your friends. 3rd people buy these 440's because they are a much stronger chassie and can take alot more abuse without breaking. It all comes down to a couple factors really. If you dont mind working on your sled and not being the fastest on the trails and like the harder susp set up so you dont bottom out and bumps that an ungroomed trail has to offer id say go for it. If you can find a 600 mod id say try and get one of those cause it will give you the same chassie just alot more power and then just convert which ever one you get to pump gas and your all set. If you need any more help just pm me and i can try to clear anything up for you that goes into a trail conversion so it can run safely

Mckenzie

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.