Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen these bearings advertised with the blue seals. Are they worth the extra cash? What makes them so special?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Haven't seen the "blue seal" bearings, but NGK makes quality bearings. I personally havent had any problems using their standard sealed bearings though.

You don't have to believe everything you think!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I have heard of the blue sealed bearings but I can't remember what was so special about them. But there was something...

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
837 Posts
they were out last year in the hi-performance engineering mag. and this year they are $1 cheaper, they have a double seal and the bearing races are polished and the oil is special for cold operation, they are made special for snowmobiles it hink there site is www.hiperf.com

·
Registered
948 Posts
Are you sure you mean NGK and not NTN??

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
948 Posts
Just fyi, I ran NTN bearings last year. Cost just a little more but NO noticeble difference. None of them have worn out yet though. I don't race and i only get about 500 miles per year. this year (on other sleds) I'm switching back to the basic bearings.

Two most popular bearings are:
1. 6205RS
2. 6004RS

Cheers.

I think.... therefore I sled
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
4 Posts
NGK bearings are the cheapest bearings you can buy. They are pure junk ! NTN are above and beyond NGK. Brands like Yamaha use NGK in their ATVs from factory, nothing but junk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts