Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is your prefered brand of spark plug?

·
Super Moderator
11,689 Posts
NGK. It's conveniently what my sled calls for.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
What ever the Manufacturer recommends is what I use and for my sled its Champion Copper all the way.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I use Champion the last owner used Champion. It advances the timing a little over NGK on my sled.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
I use only ngk. Had 3400kms last year on the same set. I may try a set of iridium plugs this year, just to see if they are any good. More than likely they are just a waste of money.

·
Registered
37 Posts
ONLY USE WHAT THE MANUFACTURE PUTS IN WHEN NEW, I HAD A 97 INDY 500 WHICH CAME WITH CHAMPIONS, I SWITCHED TO NGK, BECAUSE THATS WHAT I HAVE ALWAYS USED, I STARTED TO HAVE AN INTERMITTENT BOGGING PROBLEM, COULDN'T FIND ANY DEALER TO FIX IT, AFTER 2 YEARS OF RIDING WITH THIS PROBLEM, AND FOULING PLUGS, I HAD TO BORROW A SET OF PLUGS FROM A BUDDY, HE HAD THE STOCK CHAMPIONS, I INSTALLED THESE BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE ANY LEFT, THE SLED RAN PERFECT, NO MORE BOGGING, I TALKED TO SEVERAL DEALERS ABOUT THIS PROBLEM, NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT IT EXCEPT 1 DEALER IN WISCONSIN, HE STATED THAT THE 500'S AND 600'S WILL HAVE PROBLEMS IF THE STOCK CHAMPION PLUGS ARE NOT USED, SINCE THEN I HAVE HELPED SEVERAL OTHER SNOWMOBILERS W/THE SAME PROBLEM, I WAS TOLD THE RESISTANCE OF THE PLUG IS DIFFERENT W/NGK AND IT SCREWS UP THE CDI BOX

·
Super Moderator
11,689 Posts
Originally posted by MonsterJay
[br]I use only ngk. Had 3400kms last year on the same set. I may try a set of iridium plugs this year, just to see if they are any good. More than likely they are just a waste of money.
I'm running Iridium's in my ZR this season. I've read they seem to help the performance some. I figured I'd see for myself.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
NGK is what I am running in my sled!

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Originally posted by MonsterJay
[br]I use only ngk. Had 3400kms last year on the same set. I may try a set of iridium plugs this year, just to see if they are any good. More than likely they are just a waste of money.
I was hesitant to pony up for iridium plugs but did it. I would normally foul a plug within my first 1/4 mile from the house or trailer. After switching to iridium I haven't had any fouling issues at all. Every bit worth the money in my opinion.

And yes, NGK all the way.[;)]

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.