Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got some new SLP powder pros on my sled and after battling with the suspension earlier this winter I got my ski pressure setup correctly. The handling is something I have never felt on my ZR before. Don't get me wrong it has always handled excellent as I could out turn anybody and keep the skis on the ground especially with the ad bovin coupling kit. But I have always had the issue where the ZR the way they are setup just don't really like to tip as much when you want them to. Well a far more aggressive ski and less ski pressure = just as responsive steering but much less ski pressure which allows for more of a carving feel when you want it. I also believe just the shape of this ski really allows for the bottom of the ski to be aggressive but the way the sides are setup the skis almost just roll on their side when you are carving. If anybody is thinking of getting new skis the powder pros are awesome!!!

201022302950211_25478.jpg

201022302956179_25478.jpg

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is some better pics of the ride. Just the other weekend we stripped the decals off and painted the hood screens and tunnel extensions black. Looks pretty sweet now.
2010225195826414_25478.jpg

201022519582523_25478.jpg

2010225195823398_25478.jpg

2010225195821883_25478.jpg

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
That's a whole lot of green! Not saying it's a bad thing...just not my style. Would benefit in the style department with a shorter windshield also.

smhekma said:
But I have always had the issue where the ZR the way they are setup just don't really like to tip as much when you want them to.
Personally, I've never had an issue with laying mine over. When I get into any amount of decent snow, it seems the skis hardly touch the snow...just seems to float. That makes mine very easy to throw around. Mine is still the stock 121" length though. Can't imagine a 136" track would make that much of a difference, but I certainly am not one to say, as I do not have that experience.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess it was probably just my ski pressure before with the front preload. I am sure it would have carved just fine but I have only got into it recently and it is just that much more noticeable that there is a maneuverability that it didn't have before. A good example would be when you are just standing on the sled when it isn't moving it will now rock back and forth a little when you shift your weight back and forth and it definitely didn't do that before.

Yeah and I agree with the "lot of green" statement. That was why we painted the hood screens and the extension black to at least get a little more black on there. I would definitely like to get more black on there and that may be with a smaller black windshield. Just can't really do a whole lot unless I can get my hands on a new black hood and fenders.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts