Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
what kind of sled you thinking of doing this too? damnit let me think. i was at a snowmobile show in York Pennsylvania and a guy had a setup there. He was also selling these really nice communications devices and stickers. My buddies had two big stickers taht said redeneck on them made. They have them on the back windows of their trucks.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh yeah i`m doing this to my xlt. this sled all ready goes fast enough,but i want to see how much balls it has when it running NOS. It has reeds.pipes,clutched,k&n`s etc...... you name it its probably got it. I can`t wait to get the system for it. Thanx a lot for the website.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did the guy that you said was at the snowmobile show, did he have nitris on one of his sleds on display? And if he did was it cool looking? And where (if he had a kit on it) where did he have the tank mounted?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i eill be careful. i already have a fire thingy on my sled to put out fires. (i don`t feel like writing out the whole word:)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh yeah! thats where i can put it. How big was the bottle? 2lb 5lb 10lb? I was thinking about strapping mine to my seat or tunnel or something. I forgot about the clutch cover. I am hoping to get a 10lb bottle so i don`t think it will fit. Maybe it will.

Lastest 14-year old around here! and damn proud of it!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
No, after some use they can even explode internally at idle!! Rods through cases. Bad stuff. I'd put it on an older sled for kicks but not something new that would suck to demolish.

You'll go real fast for a little while, then you won't go anywhere. Anyways it sounds like the sled has a lot of go fast accessories right now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Howdy P.R. 114....

Nitrous is a bunch of fun. We ran a "cheater" set up on one of our drag sleds. Built with Polaris triple. Ran like a scalded cat. Best top end run was just shy of 140 mph. 139.98 to be exact. Using a NSSR regulation 1/4 mile shaved ice track.

We used a basic setup from Chopper City and tweaked it from there. Mounted a rather small (2lb?) bottle in a hole we hogged out of the seat cushion. Accessed the valve through the little "trunk" flap.

A word of warning. Until you have the jetting dialed in, you WILL go through a few pistons. The introduction of nitrous (on the bottle) creates a excessive lean condition. Without a good set of EGT gauges to monitor your temps, this lean condition creates heat so fast, you'll burn it down in a heartbeat. Even before you feel or hear something going wrong. Heads, cylinders, bearings, even belts are put through hell when using the button. Hey, instant horsepressure costs plenty.

My suggestion to you (my 2 cents) is....
If this is to go on a "daily driver" trail basher. Take another route to get more power. It will be 100 times more reliable. If you REALLY must have nitrous, go for it. BUT, start off small. Very small and work you way up from there. Nitrous is tricky stuff so be prepared for a few new parts here and there. And EGT's are a MUST.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to pee in your wheaties. Just relaying a bit of my own experience.

A bottle fed sled is a great time. And I WILL build another one some day. Maybe out of the XLT I have now. Or maybe pick up a older model Storm and really make a big motored, killer ride. but that will have to wait until buy a new sled next year. Gotta have something to ride while I'm wrenching ya know.

Have fun......Dan

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Bowhunter:
I'm not trying to pee in your wheaties.
[/quote]
I would hope you aren't!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This isn`t going on a trail sled. I already have an mxz for that. But anyways, i have alomost a brand new motor in it and it has a lot of new mods on it. I`m planning on spending a little around 2000 bucks for dragging it. Man that would taste a little sour if you peed in my wheaties;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts