Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any body every used nos in there sled if so how much faster did it make u go or turbo charging your engine will that help horse power or top end

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
imho don't put nos on a stock (or close to) exciter, unless you'd be drag racing competively. nos makes lots of power but it also puts the engine under extremely high stress and the moving parts tend to self-destruct...it goes like hell 'till that happens though [;)]

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i just trail ride my exciter mostly but some kids around my area all get the new fast sleds every year (rich parents i dont like those kind) and they have been talkin junk to me and i dont realy care what they say its just they need to shut there mouths i am sick of it well any ways i was thinkin on try to get a old 340 like a enticer or something like that and put nos on it so i can show theese kids up so they will stop talkin

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was wishing for it this weekend so that I could give some of those new F7's a quick surprise on the lakes!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Have you guys ever heard of that nos in a bottle? It essentially just an octane booster I think... Well if you've heard of it.. What do you think about it.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
lets say you get a bottle ( fabcraft.com can get a kit designed for sleds.) on a trail sled you run into problems, the same with turbo, your clutchs set for the hp you have now and the rpm it is at, with nos or turbo all you will do is make more hp, but you will just rev your engine, on mountain sleds it can work because of the air and powder,, but on a flat land machine, for trail you would have a hard time, if you want a decent trail ride, with lake blast performance start looking at all the late model tripple tripples, they are dropping like rocks for prices, you can buy a lot of potential for a little money,

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Originally posted by SledHead
[br]Have you guys ever heard of that nos in a bottle? It essentially just an octane booster I think... Well if you've heard of it.. What do you think about it.
It does essentially nothing. Don't waste your money. This is not my opinion, this has been proven, so don't flame unless you want to get flamed back.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Yea, A buddy gave it to me as a gag gift. Just seeing ppl's opinions...

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
theres a lot more work to putting nos on a snowmobile then just installing it like clutch adjustment for instance.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Originally posted by exciter_man
[br]Yeah i just trail ride my exciter mostly but some kids around my area all get the new fast sleds every year (rich parents i dont like those kind) and they have been talkin junk to me and i dont realy care what they say its just they need to shut there mouths
I used to have that problem, everone else had nice machines frome their pearents, while i had to wait about 3 more years, and work for my own. Dont worry, youll appreciate it so much more.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh i do because i payed for it and if i crash it i will have to fix it with those parents that bye their kids every thing it doesnt teach them to have responsibility i have to work for every thing i own and alot of the time it aint the coolest or the fastest but i paid for it which in my mind is better than havein all your stuff just given to you makes you a better person in the future

1 - 15 of 15 Posts