Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else is running nitrous. Just installed it on mine. I was just loooking for some feedback.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I haven't heard much about running nitrous through a sled, but I'm sure that it has the same effects on a snowmobile engine as it does with a car. This doesn't destroy the engine does it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
We are getting ready to put it on a RX-1, we are waiting for it to come in, we have the sled all tore apart right now to try to lighten that 635lb beast up.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
ok yeah same sled my dad has doing the saemthings. Is is stock? I would recommend pipes and usuals before nitrous for a Viper. I consider Nitrous an end mod. You do it after everything else.

·
Registered
506 Posts
saw it on a mach one time, only thing I can really say is I think it's overrated, not at all what it is in the movies, in sleds, or cars. like, ya, it's a pretty sweet power boost, but you'll get farther on a set of pipes methinks.

ya, SD I think ya got it man, an end mod for sure, do everything concievable else first, and even then, if you really need that extra punch, there's fuel additives other than NO2 that can give you big power increases.

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
567 Posts
All that the nitrous will do is give u more power not speed. Same with pipes. If it were a two stroke then u would get a crap load of speed and power. What kind of system are u running an automatic or manual feed for the nitrous.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
umm why did you just say that nitrous won't add speed but then you said ti will add lots of speed. Yeah nitrous will add power and speed. The kit I saw installed on a 2001 XCR 800 was only setup for 10HP shot. They said you could run up to I think a 50 shot. Not a big time improvement I think. I would go with pipes and much more first to improve power throughout the power band. Also the company I saw recommended that you just use it the way I said, aka only at full throttle after you are already shifted out.

·
Registered
567 Posts
It wont add speed to a four stroke such as the rx-1 But it will to a two stroke such as any other snowmobile.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't understrand how you think it would be a last mod. Just think of it Im adding 30 hp at the touch of a button at all rpm ranges. Not peak horspower. I ran against a 2002 mxz 800 all piped geared for 5oo ft clutched, piped,shaved head, etc, he took off 2 sleds right off the start Once i hooked up a little better, I hit the button and beat him by 2 sled lengths in 500 ft. Felt like it worked pretty well to me. It is an NX kit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts