Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad blew a cylinder last weekend. Yes on the Viper. :( tested the compression and there was none so he dropped it at a dealer on the way home from the cabin. Oh well it is covered by the warranty so...

·
Registered
278 Posts
That really sucks, you buy a new sled and have that happen!

Did he do any mods to the engine? Lean out the carbs, change the pipes or silencer? If he did it might not be covered............... Just a thought.

2001 ZL800
Delta IIs
Power Breather
MBRP Silencer
Coupling Kit
Goodwin Clutch Kit

Creek beds don't make good brakes!

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
jeez... that's too bad.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Wow the viper? That is suprising! Hopefully it was just a weird thing and not something that will be a problem for all viper owners down the road! Let us know what he finds out!

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I guess that even the triples want to be twins....

Actually that sucks when you buy a new sled you would think that that wouldn't happen so soon.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes...

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just hope it was a one time thing but my mom just told me that the dealer he took it to told him yesterday when he called to check on it that he may want to add a extra cooler :( I told her if he does that he has to pipe?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Was it the center cylinder?
They were having this problem when they long tracked them. Not sure but I think the fix was a monoblock head with dial a domes.

This was after it was piped and a 156" track was added.

Member #2 of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it wasn't the long track then it was the triple pipes. I have heard of problems with piped ones. But the extra stress of the track couldn't have been hurting. Not sure which cylinder it was I will ask my dad when he gets home.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I feel your family's pain.

We all would be very interested as to what the cause of the piff was, eventhough some dealers aren't too quick to disclose problems with "new" models.

The big block was supposed to have better heat dispersion for the middle cyl, to aid in the higher speed & working applications.

At least we all aren't wallowing through 4' of snow while the new Viper is down.

Good Luck.

DNO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts