Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help...I lose the crankcase pulse after about 30 seconds, then I lose fuel pressure completely. Tried a new fuel pump repair kit at first with no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
589 Posts
It is wierd that the first thing that goes is the fuel pressure. Try checking the seals on the crank, and/or the crankcase sealant between the two halves. Also, replace the line from the pump to the crankcase. Otherwise, I haven't got a clue as long as your pump is working fine.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
check the line when the pump gets bad the line usually does too. Their may be crap in your crank case. Check your rings I guess. Only thing I can think of from there.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Make sure that your bearing are well lubed but also check the fuel lines. If there is some sort of residue in the lines you can lose almost 60% power on at the power-train.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ride Snowmobiles, baseball, bowling, and golf require only ONE ball!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
589 Posts
Are you sure that it is the pulse. Try taking the gas cap off and running it. If it runs ok, then i'd look at the vent line for the tank. If it is kinked or clogged, it will stop fuel flow.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Unless you have a leak in the block?
You say it runs!
You did not fill the case with oil did you? Did you try feeding the carbs manually(use a squirt bottle with fuel) does it stay running?
If so it is a fuel line or pump problem.
Did you check the line from the case to the pump? If it is old and hard it will not seal properly. It takes quite a bit of psi. to run a pump.
Did you rebuild the pump correctly?
Is there enough fuel in the tank to reach the pick up line?

I am not being a wise-guy. But 30 seconds sounds more like you are starting with a choke on situation or primer and once that is burned up it shuts down.

"Meaningless Ride"

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I have to agree with RXL, usually the reason that you lose your crankcase pulse is a bad crank seal, next i would suspect poor compression in the cylinder that the impulse line is connected to (hole in the piston, broken rings, melted piston, etc.) and lastly i would suspect a blockage in the impulse line. Personally i have never seen a leak between the two crank case halves unless the motor was recently rebuilt and the rebuilder didnt use the correct type or amount of sealer.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts