Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out riding my snowmobile today and when I parked it and then started it back up i had no lights. no headlight, tail light, gauge lights. nothing. Could somebody please help me with this problem?

· Registered
380 Posts
sounds like a short in a wiring harness...start up the sled, and take a multi-meter to it and check the connections for power output. if there is no power output then it might be a short or a bad wire.

· Registered
1,378 Posts
bokeson said:
okay. I[highlight=yellow] really hope its not my coils[/highlight=yellow] cuz I had that problem with my old cougar and it was a pain in my a$$. I hope its just something simple
Pretty doubtful it's coils sled wouldn't start. It's more than likely voltage reg or wiring harness. check the main plugs from the stator, some times these get pretty dirty from oil and grim.

· Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ultrawillie said:
bokeson said:
okay. I[highlight=yellow] really hope its not my coils[/highlight=yellow] cuz I had that problem with my old cougar and it was a pain in my a$$. I hope its just something simple
Pretty doubtful it's coils sled wouldn't start. It's more than likely voltage reg or wiring harness. check the main plugs from the stator, some times these get pretty dirty from oil and grim.
what do you mean check the main plugs from the stator?

· Registered
1,378 Posts
what do you mean check the main plugs from the stator?
[/quote]

There are usually two plugs that come out from stator (rewind) that connect to the rest of your electrical system, CDI, coils, voltage reg.,ect ect ect.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.