Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced my pull rope and now no fuel to my plugs. (95 XLT with pipes) Turns over but does not start. I think it is the pump, any way in trouble shooting it? Temps are about 0 degrees but I have put some heat in the tank in case of any water.Thanks for any help.

Joe

·
Registered
48 Posts
check to see if you bumped the shut off valve i beleive its on the same side as the pull rope near the air box try and pour a little gas down the spark plug hole if it fires you have a gas problem there is a diafram pump on there ckeck to see if the vacuam line is connected it connets under the pto(belt side) side under the carb good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am thinking I have a frozen fuel line. It ran just fine earlier in the week before this cold snap. I have spark and the shut off valve is on. Think I need some warmer weather ...

·
Registered
11 Posts
i just had the same problem and i changed the fuel filter but still not getting enuff vacuum to get the gas goin so i unhooked main feed to fuel pump took a rag over gas fill opening and hit a couple quick shots from air compressor to get fuel jump started when it starts pouring out reconnect and u will know it getting to fuel pump. could also be flooded not letting vacuum line work

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
primer er up with some little shots of gas down the spark plug holes ,and use the red bottle of Iso heat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts