Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight while bumming around on the sled.I was fiddling with the high-low switch.. seemed to work just fine.. not 5 minutes later my son flags me down to tell me the front light was out.. well I got to looking all the lights went out.. even the dash.. now I haven't gotten a chance to call my Polaris dealer.. but can someone kinda give me a heads up.. voltage regulator? the sled still ran awesome back to the trailer.. just no lights.. is there a main fuse somewhere that could have blown or is my stator went bad.. thanks for the advise.. scott

·
Registered
360 Posts
my sled did that a couple years ago it was the voltage regulator might be that but thats what i would check. nick

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
my sled had a light problem. the lights would flicker and go very dim. I put a new voltage regulator on and it seems to be working good now.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
i say voltage regulator also. happened to my 89 trail. i replaced it and fixed the problem. i believe the source of the problem was a short under the seat though. the wires that go to the brake light have a tendency to get pinched on those old indys right around where the seat meets the tank. it shorted out and burned up the regulator. fixed that bare wire and no more problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts