Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am originally from Sault Ste Marie Ontario and live in Ottawa, Canada’s capital region now. Grew up sledding - to me, my Elan SS was like my son’s skateboard. Could do anything with it. Haven’t ridden a sled for 15 years but going to this winter. My wife wants a two up sled like a titan but I am leaning towards a mountain sled. I expect I will do 75% off trail riding and will be going in to my log cabin in northern Ontario, so a fair amount of deep snow and trail breaking. Any advice on sled recommendations welcomed. Look forward to contributing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
The m series is a great sled no matter what year. I’ve previously had a 06 m7 that gave me nothing but good times. Only problem with them is no reverse option. The 07-11 m series did have reverse though. The 800 jumped to 160+hp in 2010. Haven’t ridden my 2011 m8 much yet. Just a couple quick rips but it’s a lot more refined and powerful than my old 7. It dies have exhaust work and a few other things that help quite a bit power wise. You can’t go wrong with the m series for any year. And bonus is that the hood still opens like a snowmobile and you can see the motor. Try to find as low mileage as possible and have fun. Welcome to the sport.

·
Registered
40 Posts
For that type of riding with deep snow and a cabin, definitely the Titan. The long track mountain sleds are not that good for two up riding, utility work, or trail riding. Lugs much more than 2" are no good for groomed trails if you have those.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I bought a new rev gen 4 skidoo tundra 600 efi with the 154 inch track. Didn’t want the size of a tundra or expedition - too far from my skidoo elan roots. I am installing a removable two up seat for when my wife wants to ride. I was tempted on a skidoo backcountry 146 or Polaris switchback 147 but decided most of my riding will be off trail and the extra length on the tundra is worth it. Don’t want a mountain sled. I am not racing or hill climbing - just heading into the cabin. Have a sleigh there to cut and haul wood. Haven’t got it yet but should have it in the next week. Looking forward to riding again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts