Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a couple no slip drive sprockets from hi-performance engineering for my 96 ZRT. I ended up measuring wrong when I got the sprockets. [:(] I have the old ones off and am ready to press the new ones on, does anyone know the spacing for these? Where the need to be on the driveshaft? and help would be much appreciated. also does anyone know if they hit the slide rails? These sprockets are actually a wahl bros. part.
http://www.hiperf.com/acatalog/Online_Catalog_Drive_Sprockets_102.html

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I think that the drivers will hit the end of your rails. I was told I would have to modify mine if I ran no slips. I moved my entire rear skid back so if I need to go to no slips it isn't going to be a problem. I know that the guys who do that kind of work here just want you to make a mark where the edge of the track is on the drive shaft and then they press them on. I would do it for you but not sure if dimensions are the same for a 96 ZRT and a 00 TCat. let me know if you want me to do it anyway.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you would do that that would be much appreciated! thanks Also, moving the rails back won't really affect anything will it? How far back did you go with yours? thanks

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I am in the process of moving mine back 3-3/8" (Rivet spacing on my tunnel) was going to originally go back 3-1/2" didn't figure the 1/8" would make any difference. But I wouldn't recommend going any further back. I am going to be taking my drive shaft out tomorrow so I will get the measurments for you. And post on friday.

The reason I move mine back so far is I am putting on 144 rails and a 151 track.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
96ZRT600
The dimensions I took are as follows, starting at the left(clutch)side from the sttel band on the drive shaft.
5/8" to first driver, right at the edge of the taper,
left edge of driver to left edge of driver 4-7/8
left edge first driver to left edge third 9-3/16
Outside to outside drivers 14-1/8. If you mark these out on your drive shaft you should be able to locate where the center of your track clips would run.
Hope it helps.
This is off my TCat but I don't think they changed much between 96 & 2000

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I'll see if it works out! Thanks for the help :) about moving it back tho, can I do taht and keep my 121" track?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
If you don't move it back more than you can accomodate with the adjusters on the back you should be OK. Make sure to give yourself a little extra adjustment room in case you put on a new track (One that hasn't had a chance to stretch) make sure you don't short yourself to the point that you can't put on a new track.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I would check the diameter of the stock drivers against the diameter of the no slips. Haven't done what your up to myself .
How much clearance from the end of the rails did you have before?
I think that 1/2" would work but there may be others who have done this that may be of more assistance. You may be able to get the info from your local Cat dealer. Or a performance shop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts