Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in NY we have had less than good weather for snowmobiling. So I made a homemade snowgun. Im trying to get a small track together, the snow is falling as we speak! [:D] Here are some pics
[attachment=51096] [attachment=51097] [attachment=51098]

Attachments

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Now THAT is the sign of a TRUE fanatic!! LOL keep up the good work and let us know how the track turns out..

·
Registered
348 Posts
yep,[:D] that is sport loyalty in my book! Good job troop!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll keep you updated, I'm trying not to run it for to long at a time because im on a well. But its very tempting to do some long overnight runs. As of now it puts down about 3 inches an hour over about a 15 by 30 foot area. Well see how it turns out.

·
Registered
855 Posts
thats awesome great idea

·
Registered
348 Posts
well it looks like its off to a great start! would have been really cool to be able to have done a lil ground work first and you could have your own snowx track. lol got any close neighbors to bother? Thats got to be loud?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
man that is sweet but fortunantely i dont have to do that

·
Registered
329 Posts
We did that a few years back the only down side to making your own snow is if you don't shoot it high and fine enough then it will be a big chuck of ice when your done. We bolted a twelve foot extension on the roof of the house and then shoot it in the yard. Hope yours works out. An old cat with steel ice cleats or some studs in your track will shread it up nicely. Looks good!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thankfully I live in the country and dont have any houses close to me. It does make a nice hissing sound though. It is coming out nice, It is all semi wet snow with some poweder. Its all about having something to nuculize the water.[:D]

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice work, Next time I wouldn't have your sled sitting under the spray.

Lol I like the look of it.[;)]

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
haha thats great! i was thinking abotu doing that some day after seeing the ski slopes do it. where in ny do you live. and how much did that setup cost you.

·
Registered
183 Posts
wow makes me want to take a day and go make some of my own snow so i can go out and play

have fun i think you have found the solution for summer blues

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Haha thats awesome, iv thought of doing that befor to for the fun of it. Have the only white yard in the area.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I always wanted to do that!!! How did you make the snow maker?? I would love to know how that way when i have bad snow conditions like we always do, i could make my own snow too!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, the gun its self costs about 50 - 60 dollars to make. The most expensive parts of it are the preassure washer and the air compressor (I allready had these). I acually got the ideal from snowguns.com <real good forum on making snow. Go to that site, you will learn everything you need to know about it. Let me know if you want me to explain it here.

·
Registered
486 Posts
i thought about that to. nice job at making snow. but here in western new york (Randolph) we have a foot already so im riding this weekend, even if its just around the house quick.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts