Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 rearset done!

Finished, Pictures dont do justice. The Yoshi Looks very good.

I cant wait to get them on the bike, but i think I may keep everything indoors until winter is done, just to preserve the shine longer.

Everypart looks like chrome with a mirror finish. Anybody have Ideas on other parts I can polish to match? I can't do the frame or swingarm cause their steel, and I dont really want to do the rims because the black is oh so easy to keep looking clean.

In the past month I have also added new flush mounts, dark smoke screen, K&N filter, and will be adding a Factory Pro jet kit.

went from this, then new screen
[attachment=39900] [attachment=54798]
& flushmounts
[attachment=54799]
Keep it on one!
[attachment=47679]

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Nice stoppie, how long did it take to get enough balls to launch $8g's in the air behind you like that. I love the trick, but the pocket book (and my wife) keep me grounded.

FGF

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
My buddy andI polished his whole swingarm and every part we could on his bike (600 RR) and it looks retarted, people cant stop commenting on it, You will get some looks. One thing we didn however that loks really cool is instead of doing the whole wheel we spun the wheel and just did the lip. We did it on one side on both front and back and it really gives the bike a unique look.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya, A lot of people polish the outer lips on the rim, or outer portions and then leave the center or paint it to match the bike. It looks good, but I want to keep the black rims. Rims get dirty fast, its just one less thing to clean all the time.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I used to have that exact bike. A 96 600R. Except mine was the flaming white and pink colors. Dropped a tooth on the front, huge difference. "Stage II" jet kit - another huge difference. I kept dead even with my buddy's 04 F4I. Not bad for a bike that was 8 years older and 75lbs heavier, plus he weighed 50 lighter than me. I put 7k on that thing in 1 season. I rode the crap out of it. Fun times. Till i destroyed the drive dogs for second doing wheelies on it.

Man, now I want to get another bike and go riding. I wouldn't be jonesing so bad if I could ride something else....

Anyways, looks good. And with the Yosh exhaust I'm sure everyone for miles can hear you comin!

Bryan

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by ibreakstuff
[br]I used to have that exact bike. A 96 600R. Except mine was the flaming white and pink colors. Dropped a tooth on the front, huge difference. "Stage II" jet kit - another huge difference. I kept dead even with my buddy's 04 F4I. Not bad for a bike that was 8 years older and 75lbs heavier, plus he weighed 50 lighter than me. I put 7k on that thing in 1 season. I rode the crap out of it. Fun times. Till i destroyed the drive dogs for second doing wheelies on it.

Man, now I want to get another bike and go riding. I wouldn't be jonesing so bad if I could ride something else....

Anyways, looks good. And with the Yosh exhaust I'm sure everyone for miles can hear you comin!

Bryan
Ya i like it, I dropped 1 in front also. I can keep right up with my buddies F4, (not F4i), not too shabby for an older bike, but its no fire breathing 130 horse injected 600 like today. Still can pull 55 mpg if i baby it. I put on 3000 miles since I bought it in Sept.

Also what kind of jet kit did you go with? I think I am going factory pro, cost more than dyno jet. But I have heard nothing but good about their quality and cust support, something I cant say with Dynojet.

You should have hung on to it. The second gear issue is extreamly common on these yzfs and older R6s. Its a relatively inexpensive fix. Plus these yzfs are 50k machines no problem with proper care, not so strung out like newer sportbikes.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
To be honest, I don't remember who made the jet kit. My friend's dad owns the local Honda/Yamaha dealer and he sold it to me for $50. Partially because (like sleds) they're more concerned with the newer stuff.

At the time I was living in an apt. complex and had no where to work on anything. That was a real bad year for me. I sold my sleds and my bike. I did drink a lot though. LOL.

If/When I get another bike it's probably going to be a roller frame, and build something cool. Or just a cruiser. After riding even the older cruisers - whew it was comfortable. Like riding a lazy-boy. I'm 6'4" and the newer bikes look like a pocket bike under me. That's why I liked that older heavier 600 - it's LONG for a 600. Fast is fun, but I would always trade bikes when we'd go out for long cruises so if I ever wanted to I can go and rip a rocket to 13k and screw around.

I bought an extra monoblock for that engine when I had the bike, it was perfect. I was going to bore it out do the usual fun stuff to it. I might still have it around somewhere. If you want it's yours for shipping. Let me know, I'll take a look.

Bryan

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya Let me know. What would shipping be on something that size?

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Lookin good! We are representing the old school street bikes on the site but I still have yet to even clean mine since I bought it in May. I have put about 4500 miles on it , that's the only benefit to this crappy winter. I'm still too scared to try the stoppie or wheelie though.

christmas eve night/christmas morning at about 1am, 18 degrees
[attachment=53808]
we all ride the relics in my group

Attachments

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by ibreakstuff
[br]To be honest, I don't remember who made the jet kit. My friend's dad owns the local Honda/Yamaha dealer and he sold it to me for $50. Partially because (like sleds) they're more concerned with the newer stuff.

At the time I was living in an apt. complex and had no where to work on anything. That was a real bad year for me. I sold my sleds and my bike. I did drink a lot though. LOL.

If/When I get another bike it's probably going to be a roller frame, and build something cool. Or just a cruiser. After riding even the older cruisers - whew it was comfortable. Like riding a lazy-boy. I'm 6'4" and the newer bikes look like a pocket bike under me. That's why I liked that older heavier 600 - it's LONG for a 600. Fast is fun, but I would always trade bikes when we'd go out for long cruises so if I ever wanted to I can go and rip a rocket to 13k and screw around.

I bought an extra monoblock for that engine when I had the bike, it was perfect. I was going to bore it out do the usual fun stuff to it. I might still have it around somewhere. If you want it's yours for shipping. Let me know, I'll take a look.

Bryan
Check if you still got it, I could be interested[^]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts