Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the grocery store last night and heard a girl telling another girl that her boyfriend and all his friends were going riding last night on the local trails.

I then told her there isn't enough snow, and its guys like her boyfriend that get trails closed for wrecking property!!

here is my local sled clubs site on conditions.

http://www.dcdrifters.net/conditions.html

here is a picture I took last year.. idiots were riding in this!!!!
[attachment=57729]

So guys, if you have almost no snow.. please please please stay home

Attachments

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
This world is full of stupid people!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
[}:)]LoL,Ya know what worse than no snow? Having this only twenty feet from where your sled is parked and not be able to touch it (private land)
[attachment=57731]
It all wouldnt fit in 1 pic.
[attachment=57732]
or 2 pics for that matter! Oh, the pain of it all!The Pain!......

Attachments

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Dont they have gates on the trials. They do around here, Washington county. I dont think riding in that crap is good for the sleds either.. I might be wrong though :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
I hope they burned down after a quarter mile. You wouldn't catch a dead man tryin to run on that much (or little) snow around here. Not even on a really, really, really bad year. stupid... I hope you catch them in the act next time.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Originally posted by Sledheadx69
[br]Dumbasses, First of all, Its not worth Ruining your sled to ride crap like that, 2nd of all lands owners are gunna tweak!!!
areed with 100% of what u said above joey

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have seen guys riding in them conditions many times around here. I once seen 4 of them waiting at a road crossing.. I stopped my truck right in front of them, rolled the window down, and gave them the "no no no" sign with my fingers. I don't know how to explain it haha.. the one your mom used to do when you were a bad boy. I am sure they didn't care.

Next time I see it happening, I will be getting numbers off sleds and taking it to our club meeting.

We have about 0-3 inches on the trails right now (just like the website I linked says).. and there are tracks on the trails! unreal

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Another thing is the CLUB. If the trails are that bad why do they have the gates open and allow riders out. Yes the rider should be smarter think of the landowner and not ride, but if the trails are open they will come. So the club would be at fault for leaving the trails open!

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^ The trails are not open according to their website. And most the trails around her have no gates. There is the occasional orange vinyl ribbon that goes accross the trail. I have seen them up at road crossings, but they don't stop people.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
yup I hate that the other thing that ticks me off is when we get a foot of light fluffy snow and then a bunch of jackasses go rip the trail (that has no base formed) and blow it all off to the side... some people just don't care.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Frosty
[br]It seems senseless, but it's their choice.
No, its not their choice. And its not their right.

Destroying people's property like that just leads to trails closed. I think they should be found, and ticketed.

When I got 2 sleds insured/registered/and in the club at 285$, and then they say "sorry guys, trail 2B stops in the middle this year. Some guys rode when there was 2 inches of snow and destroyed a guys land so he got pissed and said no more trail threw his property".. I get pissed. Because now I just got penalized, for something I did not do.

Find them, punish them, and make them join the club to work on new trails and trail maintenance. Then they will have an idea of what goes into making that trail what it is and why it needs to be preserved.

·
Registered
764 Posts
thats about what the trails looked this last weekend when we got up around indian river, there was about an inch or two of snow mixed in with the mud though, plenty of snow off trial, we rode about 10 miles on them and headed back south to gaylord, there was tons of sleds out that weekend, so i guess its kind of a different situation, we trailered 5 hours to ride that weekend so i was going to ride on what we had

·
Registered
464 Posts
Matt, all I am saying is that if the trails are "officially" opened it is not against the law to be on them. Thats why I feel that the local clubs should have the ability to open and close the trail based upon conditions, not just a given date to open and close them. I agree that they are pretty stupid for being out in less than minimal conditions, but no one told them they could not ride. We need to start doing it the way the Canadians do, and make the area clubs able to regulate the trail based upon conditions.
One of the problems here in Michigan Is the trails officially open on Dec 1 whether there is snow or not. Most of the best riding areas are in the LES belts and this type of snow is feather light and it will get blown of the trail in early season if there is not a breif warm up to get a base established. If this happens early on it seems those trails are junk the whole season. If the locals had the ability to keep them closed legally I believe the trails would be much better for the entire season.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
who in thier right mind would want to ride in that!!!thye trails out here are gettin kinda beat up to.and i still hear them cuz the trail is about a quarter mile away from my doorstep.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Frosty, Ethics and common sense should tell them not to ride. Our club has many many miles of trails http://www.dcdrifters.net/map.html its impossible to intstall gates at all the entrances and exits. It would cost way to much money.

Our trails aren't automatically open on a date. There is a date yes, but its only when conditions permit.

Our website currently says "Trails open when conditions permit. Currently there is 0-3" on the ground with no base." So, that tells them, the trails are not open, and so does the orange vinyl tape I see up on trail crossings.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts