Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am starting a support group for FANATICS that are having trouble coping with no snow, serious applicants pick up your applications at the door, and include your year,make, model of sled and when the last time you rode was. thanks

·
Registered
311 Posts
I guess the first step to recovery is admitance of you're problems.
I have been comming here since september 02, 01. I will share with others my own problems in hopes it may help someone elese. My sled is a 00 45th aniv. 600xcsp. The last time I have started her was today but to no avail there was no snow. She (AKA "Martha") has not seen snow since 07/07/01 when I rented a snow cone machine for my birthday and gave martha some snow to bring back good memories. Martha enjoys the ride and we last rode the trails in mid march.
BOO, WHOO, It is just such a sad story, I can barely bring my self to tell anymore! I just know it is going to snow soon because. Christmass is almost here and I watched Frosty the Snowman He said he is made of Christmass snow and he will return again some day. And when he does I will be waiting and BASH right through that mother f*cker with Martha at full throttle, spitting out pieces of Frosty ass all over the place!!!!

AAAhhh! I think, I need more therapy?

"Meaningless Ride"

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Name: TriumphoverU, a.k.a. Dean
Make: Polaris
Year: 2000
Model: Triumph
Engine: 600 cc Triple
Last seen on a sled: February 2001

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Name: Erick a.k.a. Erick!
Year: 93-98
Model: XLT
Engine: 597 cc triple
Last seen on sled: Saturday, December 1st 2001

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Name: Sled_Dog aka Alan
Year: 96
Model: XCR SP
Engine: 597cc triple w/ trip pipes
Last saw snow: March 2001(ripped my yard a bit but it was snow)
Last Rode Sled: November 24th(grass drags not as much fun as trail riding)

Also Erick needs to be removed from the group the evil man got to ride 2 days ago!

Edited by - Sled_Dog on December 03 2001 9:53:08 PM

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
He He He
I have to participate in my members posts, eh?

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
hey, wait. My name is Dean. Lol.

I ride a 1992 Polaris 440 XCR (http://ripperd2.dhs.org/snowmobile).

I last rode yesterday (12/02/2001). It was my first and only day on this snowmobile so far. I rode with three friends, one with a 99 Sno-Pro, one with a 01 ZR600 and one with a 76 Pantera 5000. Let's just say that we all left the Pantera eating tailights. He was real sore today too, from the shitty suspension compared to ours. The Sno-Pro is an ex-race sled, my buddy bought it from a racer, who had just blew the engine, and rebuilt it. It didnt' have a speedometer on it till last week. My sled has Fox shox all around, with a 1-inch track. THis is the first sled I've ever driven, and it's awesome, although I have nothing to compare it to. When it hits 6000rpm, it's like nothing i've ever felt before. Accelleration faster than any car or boat i've ever been in. Almost like a jet plane on takeoff, lol. When I squeeze the throttle to the handlebar, i watch the speedo quickly climb, then I realize I need room to slow down, so I get back on the brakes. Flys pretty level too, although I only did jumps that gave me about 2-3ft of air. Hardly felt the landing.

I put this in here because I am hooked. And the current weather forcast for my area (northern suburbs of MPLS) is in the 40's and no snow for the next week!!!!

-Dean

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by ripperd2:

When it hits 6000rpm, it's like nothing i've ever felt before. Accelleration faster than any car or boat i've ever been in. Almost like a jet plane on takeoff, lol. When I squeeze the throttle to the handlebar, i watch the speedo quickly climb, then I realize I need room to slow down, so I get back on the brakes. Flys pretty level too, although I only did jumps that gave me about 2-3ft of air. Hardly felt the landing.
[/quote]

That is why we love snowmobiling man. I always tell these kids with there turbo charged ricer mobiles to spend that money on a sled it will kick the crap out of your car any day. They don't believe me though.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Name: Polaris-Man A.K.A Jeff
Year: 1998
Model: XCR SP
Engine: 440
Last seen on sled: Sunday, December 2nd, 2001

"Might Be Crazy But I Ain't Dumb" - Cooter

·
Registered
311 Posts
So Eric / ripperd2 / polaris-man are all haveing trouble coping with no snow, I think NOT they are the anti-christ comming to taunt the rest of us with thier glorious tales of white wonder from the heavens above.

Or did you guys just post to let the rest of us know not to give up hope?

"Meaningless Ride"

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
we have like 3 inches, so been riding around on the yard, spraying more dirt into the air than snow, but the ground is... was white.

"Might Be Crazy But I Ain't Dumb" - Cooter

·
Registered
948 Posts
LOL - XLTMAN he's not just a member... he's the PRESIDENT!

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
149 Posts
umm...

hi my names mike and I'm a herion addict.

What? Huh?

DAMMIT! wrong forum!

I need spellcheck!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
hahahaha now that I needed.....a good laugh that is not the herion!!

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Name: Bigwilly aka William
Year:1995
Model: Indy Trail
Engine: 500 fan
Last seen on a sled: October 26 2001 (1.8 miles)

Tree's don't make the greatest brakes...

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ah, good to see everyone has a sense of humor in these bleek times. ah yeah, erick polaris-man, you guys are detrimantal to our no- snow group, if you keep bringing up snow, we'll have to boot you out......(j.k.) where is the snow, i need snow, all i think about is snow, dont like heroin or any other drugs, snow is my drug, dammit, im talking to myself, just like intended did, thats f'd up

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
No Way man!!!!!! My name is Dean....i was here first...lol j/k....anyways its nice to know that someone else's parents cursed them with this name, now i dont feel so bad...lol....Still waiting for the snow!!!!!!!

Captain of the Starship Polaris....Crewmembers Needed

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I went out side tonight and I thought I saw some snow then I realized it was just light spots from looking at my monitor too long.

"Meaningless Ride"

·
Registered
278 Posts
Name: Kevin
Make: Cat, what else?
Year: 2001
Model: ZL800
Engine: 785 twin pushing 150HP
Last seen on sled: My neighbors saw me dethatching my lawn a couple weeks ago.
Last seen on snow that wasn't as hard as asphalt: March 2001 in Mercer WI.

Now I'm in AZ 2 hours from snow but my sleds 2000 miles away in IL.
Sh^t

RtkatZL8

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by wryjoker:

I went out side tonight and I thought I saw some snow then I realized it was just light spots from looking at my monitor too long.

"Meaningless Ride"[/quote]

HAHA dude, STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER WITH YOUR HANDS UP!!! take a break man if you start seeing stuff! hehehe

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts