Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put risers on my Xc and my buddy hooked all the wiring back up and pulled it over and it lost spark. I put a new coil, brain box, spark plugs, plug boots on and it still wont get spark. Could it be the wiring harness?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
try unplugging the key switch, very possible the wiring harness is shorted, did he get it plugged together right, maybe you cant do it wrong, if you have a multi meter test it for shorts

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
You put on the riser, and had to have someone else put the wiring harness back together?

I'd have started there, instead of replacing other parts.

·
Registered
632 Posts
did you have to extend your wires? If so you probly have something backwards. But yes, start there. It could be a coincidence, but cheaper to know than guess.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I would put money on it being the throttle safety switches in the throttle block. With the added height of the riser, the throttle cable is tightened now tripping the micro switches in the throttle block. And assuming the cable is long enough to work with the riser, it will need to be re-adjusted.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
then you should be alright i did a 6 1/2 on my GenII without having to extend anything, although i did chose to do my throttle because i was just a little to tight for my liking, and it worked out good for my custom lefty

never thought of the TSS, i would bet my money on that to, they seem to be a problem causer

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
TriumphoverU said:
I would put money on it being the throttle safety switches in the throttle block. With the added height of the riser, the throttle cable is tightened now tripping the micro switches in the throttle block. And assuming the cable is long enough to work with the riser, it will need to be re-adjusted.
X2

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
TriumphoverU said:
I'm going the opposite way, and say the cable is loose..

POLARISDOMINATOR said:
I have no wire extensions, nothings backwards, and i bypassed both the kill switch and ignition.
By "bypass" did you disconnect, or did you jumper through?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
TriumphoverU said:
I'm going the opposite way, and say the cable is loose..

POLARISDOMINATOR said:
I have no wire extensions, nothings backwards, and i bypassed both the kill switch and ignition.
By "bypass" did you disconnect, or did you jumper through?
Disconnect

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
So you disconnected the handlebar connector, and still have no spark?

·
Registered
29 Posts
dodgetruck2 said:
try unplugging the key switch, very possible the wiring harness is shorted, did he get it plugged together right, maybe you cant do it wrong, if you have a multi meter test it for shorts
That happened to my 1980 citation i took kill switch off and just used the key and she runs like a champ.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts