Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi Guys,
wondering if anyone knows where you can buy new wires and coils for a 75 polaris 340 colts s/s??? Having a hard time getting spark,. thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Remove the recoil, and there should be two small holes in the flywheel. You should be able to file/clean the points through them. Or to make it really easy just remove the flywheel. Use some low grit sand paper or emery board to clean them and then take a dollar bill through it a few times to kinda clean the points up.

I just did this on a 1970 johnson and now have spark. Just make sure you dont take too much off the points then you will either ruin them or have to get the point gap. Just sand it a few times and check. if nothing do it some more.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Redneck13x said:
Remove the recoil, and there should be two small holes in the flywheel. You should be able to file/clean the points through them. Or to make it really easy just remove the flywheel. Use some low grit sand paper or emery board to clean them and then take a dollar bill through it a few times to kinda clean the points up.

I just did this on a 1970 johnson and now have spark. Just make sure you dont take too much off the points then you will either ruin them or have to get the point gap. Just sand it a few times and check. if nothing do it some more.
thanks for the advice, I will give it a try. I was told before it was the coils that are attatched to the spark plug wires, and i thought it was this as one cylinder get better spark than the other. have you have any experience with is the coils? thanks,
Mike[thumb]

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Id do the points, if still nothing even after doing it a few times. It could be the condenser, which there should be two round tubes that the spark plug wires go into.

Also make sure the spark plugs are new and you know there good, make sure plug boots are connected good.

Also just make sure that all the ignition wires are hooked up. And the key/kill switch is ON.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts