Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
maybe cdi or stator. try unplugging a little white circular like wire down by the recoil side. it seperates the stator from the grounds. see if you get spark then

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was also wondering if there is some sort of safety switch for the throttle and if it has anything to do with it, because just before it died i had it pinned down for quite a few seconds, then died. Ill unplug the little wire and see if i have spark, also will put new plugs in it, they are kinda old.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Sometimes the throttle safety switch can get stuck or go bad. I had a few go wonky on older Indys. I just took the kill switch out of the block and cut the safety switch wires going to it. Other than that you start checking the wiring from the plugs back to the stator in a systematic fashion eliminating variables as you move closer to the stator.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well today i pulled it over to see if it had spark, everything hooked up properly, and it had spark, put the plugs in and pulled a bunch of times. Took plugs out and pulled over to see if they had spark and they didnt, pickin up new plugs tomorow, what do you guys recommend for spark plugs? hopefully its the old spark plugs that are in there!

·
Registered
3 Posts
change your spark plug wires and plug ends check your power to the coil from stator and if you have no voltage from the coil when you pull it over replace your stator and if you have power to the coil change the coil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts