Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there something i can check why i get no spark at one plug? i already changed the coil and the points look good and are gaped ok.could it be the condencer or pickup coil?thanks mike it's a 72 skidoo with 339cc rotax.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Not to insult your intelligence but, have you either ohms checked or replaced your broken side plug wire? If I remember right on the non-CDI sleds, at the coil is where it changes the output to two different sides. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
246 Posts
I went through this a few years ago changing part after part only to have it be a bad plug cap. Of course I started at the other side of the system so it was the very last item to be changed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i tried swaping coils and have already done a resistance check on the wires even swaped the plug wires with each other it seems to be at the flywheel area if it was the exciter would it not have spark at both plugs?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had the same problem with my 79 everest turned out that on a wire had grounded on on the stator plate. Also check to make sure the timing is correct.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tried swaping points and sanded the points there was also a bare spot on one of the wires,everything seems fine now. thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts