Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 Ski Doo Formula 500. Recently, the headlight, taillamp, and handwarmers went out. I checked the stator and it was bad so I replaced it. Now the headlamp, taillamp and handwarmers work but I am not getting any spark. I checked all of the wiring and everything I unplugged when putting in the new stator was put right back. The sled was running fine a couple of weeks ago until I replaced the stator.

Any ideas as to what is causing the no spark or what I should check? I'm getting to my wits end with this thing. Thanks.

·
Registered
827 Posts
How can the taillight, headlight and handwarmers work if the sled won't run?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has electric start so when the key is in the "on" position they (headlight, taillight and hand warmers) all work

·
Registered
827 Posts
First step is to check and re-check your work, and then check again. If you are 100% sure that everything is right, then start to look at other options. Maybe you got a bad stator. Maybe you broke a wire intstalling it. I would check all the wires for continuity and check all of the grounds.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried to pull start but like I said, there is no spark so it does not turn over. I failed to mention that prior to changing out the stator I was experiencing issues with the headlamp bulb going out (actually twice and the second time it blew up inside the casing. However, everything else still worked fine). Then I changed out the voltage regualtor this November. When I took it out the first time over New Years I noticed the handwarmers, taillamp, and tach were not working and the headlamp was very dim (I attributed that to running off the battery). Thinking it was the stator I changed it out and as I stated in my first post, it appears everything electrical is running off my battery but I am getting no spark. I am at my wits end trying to figure out my next step.

Thanks in advance for any advice. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought the Ski Doo repair manual on line and now that I have all of the correct OHM specs, I am going to go through everything to try and resolve the problem. I will let you know what I find.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Long shot but did you ever find the issue?
Thanks in advance
I have a 1997 Ski Doo Formula 500. Recently, the headlight, taillamp, and handwarmers went out. I checked the stator and it was bad so I replaced it. Now the headlamp, taillamp and handwarmers work but I am not getting any spark. I checked all of the wiring and everything I unplugged when putting in the new stator was put right back. The sled was running fine a couple of weeks ago until I replaced the stator.

Any ideas as to what is causing the no spark or what I should check? I'm getting to my wits end with this thing. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts