Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[V]Here's the problem, I've got a 1996 Polaris XCR 600, triple. I had it apart to replace the water pump belt. I had my water pump off and I got it all put together and now it won't start! I have no spark and I'm wondering what happened? I might have gotten some coolant on the CDI pickup on the flywheel I figured so I took it apart, cleaned it all off with a clean rag and all and no spark still. What did I do wrong?

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
did you have the stator plate off by anychance?? check all wires for any visible signs of damage and make sure all wires i clean and free of corrosion. i like to use dielectric grease when i clean up connections and put them back together check all gorund wires and cheack all wiring under the hood you might have snagged a wire and pulled it apart or broke it. but it does sound like a wiring problem

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Originally posted by xcrider
[br][V]I might have gotten some coolant on the CDI pickup on the flywheel I figured so I took it apart, cleaned it all off with a clean rag and all and no spark still. What did I do wrong?
ok did you have to pull the flywheel?? cuz on my 600 the only pickup coil for the cdi is UNDER the flywheel also called a stator plate. if after putting a new water pump on and now you have no spark im thinking this is where your problem lies

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did not touch the flywheel. I had the airbox off in the process, and I wonder if I pulled one of the wires on the CDI box or something. What a pain![V]

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Check the wires going to the coils. I believe that they all fire at the same time, if one wire is unpluged there will not be any spark in any of the plugs. A wire may have gotten unplugged when the air box came off or on.
Good Luck

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Almost certain to be one of the plugs down beside the air box .There is two multi wire connectors and one single wire connector.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, it wasn't the connectors by the airbox. There is another group of two wires that go to the coil one of the wires came unplugged. It's running now, thanks for the help, I knew it had to be something stupid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts