Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my sled an 1995 xcr 600 has absolutly no spark any suggestions on wut 2 check or how to check if certain items(cdi,coil,exc.) are working properly. i dont no how you would check voltage seeing as how there is no battery. i would really appreciate your input thanks billy

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ended up being the ignition

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
when you pull it to start, did the headlamp seems to lighten a little. Can be the kill or the ignition switch. Check the wiring connector coming out of the mag.(under the mag carb) If you have no spark at all, I will not begin to check coils. I don't have my owner's manual with me, I will get it tomorrow, if nobody else reply on that one, I will give you all the spec to check for!

·
Registered
75 Posts
A way to make sure it is the ignition is to unplug the single black wire coming off the C.D.I. box and make sure your plugs have a good ground on the motor. Crank the motor and if you see spark it is the ignition so you want to check the killswitch and ignition switch. I am having ignition problems with my polaris indy 440 right now too. I did that test on my machine and it does show that the problem is in the ignition.
Hope that helps

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by polaris440sport
[br]A way to make sure it is the ignition is to unplug the single black wire coming off the C.D.I. box and make sure your plugs have a good ground on the motor. Crank the motor and if you see spark it is the ignition so you want to check the killswitch and ignition switch. I am having ignition problems with my polaris indy 440 right now too. I did that test on my machine and it does show that the problem is in the ignition lumps.
Hope that helps
yah i just dis connected the ignition entirely rolled it over and fire up first pull but now i broke my choke lever and i have to spray starting fluid in all 3 cylinders and then fire it up thanks billy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts