Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While riding sled, lost power at about 70 mph. started popping and backfiring. gradually got worse. engine died. have no spark on any plug wires. The sled is a 95 xlt the sled ran great all day put on 100 miles and just like that nothing.

·
Registered
187 Posts
do a resistance check on the stator. could be the cdi, but unfortunately there are no tests that you can perform on that. check connections and grounds. disconnect the single black wire to disable the kill and key switches. good luck. -Polaris Doc

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do I get at the stator to do a resistance check. I checked the grounds and all connections didn't find anthing wrong still no spark.

·
Registered
187 Posts
near the bottom of the recoil is where the wires come out from the stator. unplug the connections and from there you can do the tests. i dont have the specs you need at this time. if you can locate a wiring schematic, that will help. -Polaris Doc

·
Registered
295 Posts
check the CDI output with a multimeter (one with a peak reader would be best) sounds to me like the CDI might have failed if you lost one cylinder then all 3

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sounds like you need a new C.D.I. box. Check the ignition first by disconecting the black wire that comes off the C.D.I. box and crank the motor to see if you have spark. Also check the resistance of your stator. If all of that looks good it is your C.D.I.
Hope that helps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts