Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I flooded my sled, it's a xlt 600 triple. Aside from pulling the plugs and letting it dry out is there anything else I can do to resolve this issue.

I don't care where we go, let's just ride....

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I've had the same trouble with my 97 XLT. The guys here gave me some good advice, check it out under "Cold Blooded XLT???" in the Shop forum.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
here's the link to that topic
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/snofans/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=922&FORUM_ID=47&CAT_ID=13&Topic_Title=Cold+Blooded+XLT%3F%3F%3F&Forum_Title=The+Shop

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
On your crankcase, under each exhaust port, there should be a bolt, take this bolt out, it's a plug, let the fuel drain out. It's a quick and easy way to fix a flooded engine.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks we'll give it a try. I'll let you know

I don't care where we go, let's just ride....

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
fxd, my 93 xlt had the same problem, but thanks to some good advice, i found those 10mm. bolts that polaris-man is speaking of, you will want to let you sled sit for awhile with those bolts removed, as well as the spark plugs, otherwise, can you say BACKFIRE HARD!

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Hmm, at first I thought you were talking about flooding your engine, with water. Thoses same bolts that Polaris-Man mentioned will get water out as well if you ever happen to sink it in water.

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
278 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by erick:

Hmm, at first I thought you were talking about flooding your engine, with water. Thoses same bolts that Polaris-Man mentioned will get water out as well if you ever happen to sink it in water.

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com[/quote]

Sounds like you're speaking from experience Eric. Did you take a sled swimming?

RtkatZL8

1 - 8 of 8 Posts