Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
revs @ 8000 rpm but top speed is only 70 mph put new stock springs in primary, secondary, helix, weights in primary are stock as well, someone help me before i burn it. Sorry about other thread im new at this

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Are the Gears stock in it?

How tight is the track?

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Mark the clutches with a black marker and make a wide open run to see if they are shifting, see how much mark is left when done. Even if you were geared real low you should still go over 70. Stock gears should be 24-40. What do your plugs look like? Hows the compression?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whitexc said:
Need a new belt...?
has a new belt, half inch of marker is left on primary cluthch on the top, do i need to do both clutches with marker, if not shifting how do i fix that, it is already piped and jetted, wish i had stock pipes for it, does anyone have one for sale that will fit, about inch and a half of play in track

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
the track should only hang 1 inch with 10 lbs of force on it. im guessing your compression is low

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I would mark the secondary also and see what thats doing also, could be something binding/sticking in there. Is your belt in good shape, deflection set right? Where are you located?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
track had 2 inch of sag in it so tighted it about 3/4 to 1 inch with ten pound it has 102 pics in center gonna try tommorrow. How big of a deal is it to change gears?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
takes about half hour to do it, very easy, 10 bolts at most and a couple exhaust springs and ur there already..

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
ya it deffinatly wont hurt, if it was loose your drive kogs could have been slipping on your track and would mean it wouldnt be putting all the power to the track/snow did you notice any wierd vibrations when you were really pounding on it?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
how many miles are on the sled???

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
im actually not sure sombody hasta know,, but thatss not alot of miles.. have you done a compression test?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
no gonna have to have it checked
thanks for input I appreciate but goin ridin in morning so gotta get some zzzzzzz later!!!

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I believe the xc sp is cross country and sp is special, don't give up on that sled, its a good one. Have you checked your marks on the secondary yet? Gearing is easy to do, 4 bolts in the chaincase, and pull your pipes. But if you have stock gearing, leave it alone, I am learning that stock was about best, I have geared down on mine just to find that all I do is spin more. Where are you located at? If you were close enough to me I could help out more. You don't want any more than 8000 rpms, and when you changed the springs, did you get the secondary back together right, and is the spring in the second hole in the helix? I would set your track to about 1" of sag, not much more because of the studs, and that 102 studs you have isn't going to be enough. I extended mine to a 144" x 1.25" track, no studs, clutched, geared, and I am very happy with it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts