Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tonight i started the sled up and gave it some throttle, the track engaged and was moving forward and i heard a pop, now the track is seized up, (clutch not attached to the motor) secondary? will spin but the track isnt moving, it tightens up but wont go. when the motor is off i can hand turn the secondary and every thing moves fine.

any ideas would be appreciated

Tony

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
mabe the chain fell off in the chain case...happened to my uncles sled

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
If when the motor is off you can spin the secondary and the track spins I have not a clue. However, if none of that is true, then you broke your chain.

Fuse600 said:
mabe the chain fell off in the chain case...happened to my uncles sled
A chain will never just fall off.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how do i access the chain, could it still be the chain if the track is still tighting up and wanting to go forward but it just isnt

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
So when you give it throttle, the track tensions up, like its trying to spin?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
could it have ben a bearing? just throwing out ideas

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Something come loose in the skid and jam up the track?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
where should i check, with the motor off i can spin the secondary clutch and the track also spins

so that eliminates drive belt maybe then

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
The brake didn't grab for some reason did it?
Does everything seem normal with the primary and secondary drives?
It just seems strange that you can move the secondary and track by hand but not when engine power is applied.

·
Registered
632 Posts
is the primary clutch engaging?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
If you can spin it by hand, something might be hung up or stuck in your primary. Turning it by hand eliminates problems in the rest of the drivetrain.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So a TY memeber called me and talked me through it, it ended up being the rollers and weights,.

One roller had a flat side, weights had signs of wear, as did the other 2 rollers.

Primary springs fine but gonna throw in a new one as long as i have everything apart anyway

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
think thats it, all the other tests the guys walked me through ruled out everything else.

just gotta order the parts!

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
What or who is a "TY member"?...

Thumbs up to the TY member for nailing it for you though.

I think your doing the right thing by replacing all of those clutch components. Way to stick with it!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Ain't that Totally Yamaha? I kind of figured it was a hung-up weight in the primary. That's kind of what my sled did when I put some ATV weights in the clutch unknowingly. The ATV weights fit until the clutch tried to close, then they hung up so the clutch wouldn't engage.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yes its totally yamaha, real helpful guys, in the phone with one for a half an hour last night he was walking me through all the tests

1 - 20 of 20 Posts