Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 98 Ski-Doo SLE has a bit of a "squeal" sound when I apply the brakes.

There is alot of pad left and the rotor looks ok. Im wondering if it has to do with the Ski-doo sitting all summer? Is the noise normal and will it disappear with more riding (and stopping).

Is there something I should check for? The machines stops fine.

Cheers [8D]

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
My Mach 1 does it all the time...must be a Ski-Doo thing??

·
Registered
837 Posts
i heard someone had this problem and they fixed it but im not sure what they did but it was something withthe chain case not the brakes, i think it may have been the chain tension or the tensioner bearing

·
Registered
699 Posts
my yamaha exciter does it most of the time when i apply the brakes and when i went to the grass drags last summer all the sleds would make the noise u and me and rotax rage are hearing mine has always done it so i think it doesnt hurt any thing mybe because the rotors and the pads are gettin hot because my dirtbike does it some times when i ride on my track from on and off braking.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
polaris'es also have pretty noisy brakes...but they work great :) Alot of times it is actually chaincase noise, due to the chain being pulled the direction it isn't used to being pulled in.

-Dean

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
My budies Mach 1 one does that all the time, well to think of it all his stuff does, I hear that all the time from older model ski-doo's, and sometimes from the newer models, my old Yamaha Bravo (good sled) did that if I got it in very deep slush, and the brakes got wet.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
my PS does it every time when applying the brakes, i kinda like the sound actually

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
My Pro X's brakes make a loud whining sound. I think it sounds good though.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
seems every sled whines to some extent, some more than others. My Polaris is a screamer but it stops very fast so I don't care.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
[:D] Who needs brakes anyway?? My sled doesn't do that....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts