Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
I do say, I am READY! I wanted to get a ride in this weekend, and this made it better. Oh, wait, no brakes on the four-wheeler, plowing should be...interesting.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Were already getting pounded!![thumb][thumb] I had about 16 inches of new snow at my house this morning and prob another 2 in fell so far today!! Funny thing is yesterday at this time they were calling for 1-3 before dark, then another 1-3 overnight. HAH, there was 6 in when I got home at 5:30pm yesterday!! So far they undershot the expected the snowfall by about 300%!! Hope that happens with the next storm for tonight into fri.[:D][thumb]

Crappy thing is though, where I ride only got about 4 in so far.[B)] tonight into fri should drop at LEAST a foot across the entire adirondack region!! Im going up to old forge fri night or sat morn to actually ride on white trails, and not snirt!!

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!![:D][thumb][:p]

·
Registered
114 Posts
MasterSkitelz said:
I do say, I am READY! I wanted to get a ride in this weekend, and this made it better. Oh, wait, no brakes on the four-wheeler, plowing should be...interesting.
I don't plow snow thats what 4 wheel drive is for.

Luke said:
Were already getting pounded!![thumb][thumb] I had about 16 inches of new snow at my house this morning and prob another 2 in fell so far today!! Funny thing is yesterday at this time they were calling for 1-3 before dark, then another 1-3 overnight. HAH, there was 6 in when I got home at 5:30pm yesterday!! So far they undershot the expected the snowfall by about 300%!! Hope that happens with the next storm for tonight into fri.[:D][thumb]

Crappy thing is though, where I ride only got about 4 in so far.[B)] tonight into fri should drop at LEAST a foot across the entire adirondack region!! Im going up to old forge fri night or sat morn to actually ride on white trails, and not snirt!!

You lucky @%^)* the weather channel keeps lying to me where i live.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Luke, I see your from rotterdam. . . I am out towards mariaville lake it is almost too much snow at this point. . . the zl 600 doesn't do to great expecially when you case the deck by our pond. . . ouch

·
Registered
702 Posts
Olean woukld be luck you get a few inches from this storm eh? I hope Oswego County can muster up 6 inches, I think we would be luck if we got any more than that. We that storm to push west!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
heshtesh said:
You lucky @%^)* the weather channel keeps lying to me where i live.
Well, they lied to me too. But at least this time they were wrong in the right way. Its a rare and glorious day when they say 6" and we get 18"! Usually the other way around. Im not complaining though, Ill galdly shovel 2 feet of "partly cloudy"!![:D]

Weather channel are a bunch of ra-tards!!

youll get at least a little better forecast from here
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/

and if you want exagerated predictions, try here. They have a "sky is falling" outlook on the weather.
http://www.accuweather.com/

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
NorthWestRider said:
Luke, I see your from rotterdam. . . I am out towards mariaville lake it is almost too much snow at this point. . . the zl 600 doesn't do to great expecially when you case the deck by our pond. . . ouch
OUCH, yeah, dont do that. Im on the other side of town from you, right off high bridge rd, near kings rd. Might need to wait a couple days for it to settle out and firm up a little. Its only fun to play in the deep stuff till u get stuck a couple of times, lol. How much fell out your way so far? Im going out to old forge, hopefully the trails will be awesome and the lakes covered in a couple feet of powder to play in.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I'm in southeastern NH and its been raining all day!!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
rain here in ct. had it been a couple degrees cooler we would have over 2 feet. but at least they got 12-18 where i ride in vermont, no powder sadly, but at this point id rather ride on heavy wet snow than dirt and mud.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
hey guys send some over to minnesota for me. pleaseeeeeee! i need something to ride on this weekend! this is the worst year in minnesota that i can remember.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Luke said:

where do you ride in old forge? do you hasve a trail permit for up there?

·
Registered
584 Posts
NorthWestRider said:
Im from guilderland my dad has a whole bunch of friends who live in mariaville lake. The snow is a little wet i think but still good. I hear another foot by friday and 20 inches in the adirondaks and tug hill. Out in Bern and the Heldaberg mountains i hear its good riding out near warners lake. Im still not seeing any more from yesterday on the webcams up north tho!!

·
Registered
527 Posts
[/quote]

OUCH, yeah, dont do that. Im on the other side of town from you, right off high bridge rd, near kings rd. Might need to wait a couple days for it to settle out and firm up a little. Its only fun to play in the deep stuff till u get stuck a couple of times, lol. How much fell out your way so far? Im going out to old forge, hopefully the trails will be awesome and the lakes covered in a couple feet of powder to play in.
[/quote]

I would say 18 inches or so but I haven't measured, quite a bit though

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
1FastSPX97 said:
Luke said:

where do you ride in old forge? do you hasve a trail permit for up there?
Yeah, I shell out the $65 every year for a permit. We usually bounce around between Old Forge and Indian Lake.

tughillboy said:
NorthWestRider said:
Im from guilderland my dad has a whole bunch of friends who live in mariaville lake. The snow is a little wet i think but still good. I hear another foot by friday and 20 inches in the adirondaks and tug hill. Out in Bern and the Heldaberg mountains i hear its good riding out near warners lake. Im still not seeing any more from yesterday on the webcams up north tho!!
I actually grew up in Berne, riding on/near warners lake. Last I heard they got 30 inches from this last storm.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts