Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well lets get some ideas on a ride for this season. I know a few of us got together two seasons ago and had a small group ride together. Last season we tried and we had some isses.. I blew a wheel bearing and pretty much lost the trailer. that left me stuck on the road side for a few hrs tell we fixed it. Chuck had some jetting issues and was playing it safe..

how many would we have wanting to do a ride this yr? Also where should we ride.. two seasons ago we did my home area of Forest County.. The past season when chuck and I had sled and trailer issues, was our Watersmeet ride.. I did get to ride even with out chuck, and the area riding was great..

lets get some feedback etc etc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
how about a "tour" leave the trailer at home and ride from there north?
pack a backpack with the nesc. and a credit card and ride

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
possilble depends on trail conditions and traffic.. alot of the trails we avoided because of traffic and conditions.. also depends all the other fanatics.. some of us can only do a one day ride because of work etc.. Im sure some of the other guys will post to get the ball rolling..

I like the idea, never done anything along these lines.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i own a hotel in upper mi(white pine) that could be destination
we always have snow
i also tend to stay off of the trails i enjoy boonedocking alot more than trail ridding

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats sounds like a nice idea.. Im always up for some back country riding over the trails.. exactly where is white pine.. Im just below Iron River in Wi..

·
Registered
25 Posts
30-45 min east past hurley
12 miles north of lake gogibic,5 miles south of silver city
hope that helps or enter zip code 49971 into a mapquest address is 135 maple you can see my blds from google space
wild hey
it is snowing again this am last week we got 4" am suppose to get somthing out of this but i doubt it
am having my b-day ride weekend dec 23
think i am booked dec 14-weekend not 100%shure
if wee get enough snow i will be riding fire roads till trails open

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
SuperBowl Weekend is always a good time to ride. I don't think I'd be all that interested in watching the Cowboys get beat by the Patriots.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm ready!!! Looking forward to getting a ride together. Twobald, trying to see if I can make it dec. 23rd. Mike, did you get your trailer fixed? Keep in touch, I'm in as long as I'm not chained to my desk at work. I'll keep looking for updates. I'll have to do from work right now--my computer crashed!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice to hear from you Chuck. Yup the trailer is fixed, well at least that wheel bearing.. The other one sounds good, so Im hoping it holds up. The sled now thats another story. I was gettin some issues last season so I pulled my heads. and I noticed some bad things.. Im still waiting on parts to put the motor back in. Its been 4 weeks but the parts are coming in. Should have it together soon..

I work every other saturday so as long as the ride falls on my weekend of then im up for it.. I also have a few sno-x races in January into Feb, but if its a race weekend I would rather trail ride some good miles in then race.

Lets keep in touch.. Chuck hows the snow in your area? Im stuck down in Appleton, but we have about 6 inches last I looked maybe more.. Im not sure about up north yet, I tried calling home but no answer.. The grooomers should be excited if we got some good snow, I know the gates are open.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Mike, Hope you get your sled together soon. We got 7-8 inches of snow here yesterday, I'm going to take my sled out around the house when I get done plowing snow. Looks like this year is going to be good. I wouldn't mind going up by twobald and ride, Dave's always wanted to ride in that area. Another ride over by you would be cool too. If your trailer might be trouble let me know, I bought a new one this year and still have my old one.

Lets get some dates out and see what fits. I'm gettin a itchy thumb!!!!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Riding up by twobalc would be fun, Ive never been up that way. Since I would be driving that far I would take off work friday and head up thursday.. I wouldn't get up that way tell at least midnight thurs.. ride all friday sat and i would have to head back sunday. Any time you wanna ride my area again just send me a message. I would be willing to ride one weekend.

Chuck what do you have for a trailer. I looked at some new ones last week. I can get a new aluminum for 1200 with a salt shield. If they allow me to use my dealer discount I can drop it to about 900.

Will have to watch these snow conditioins and get some plans going.

·
Registered
277 Posts
twobald, can you give us rates and open times for a group to come up by you? I would even do a mid week ride after the first of the year. What does everyone think? Indy, 440, what do you think? Anyone else? lets get this going, I looks like snow conditions aren't going to be a problem!!!!

Mike, I bought the new triton 2 place enclosed. Just couldn't pass up the deal. Keeping the old one for the four wheelers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
sounds great ill let you pick the dates
all of my condo's have kitchens in them so bring food i have extra pots and pans or if you want the konteka is just down the street and has good food,i also offer continental breakfast and have a hot dog roller and pizza oven for late night snacks lets get this thing going and get alot of people i have 8 rooms avail most weeknights but you should let me know ahead of time to be shure
pat 906 885 5335

·
Registered
277 Posts
Lets get a head count going and pick a date for this ride. How about the weekend of Jan. 19th. This would work for me. I would be there Friday during the day and have to leave Sunday.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Guys Im interested. What about over new years? I have off work fri, sun,mon and tues that week the 28th-2nd.Im sure i can get sat also. So if your interested someone shoot me a pm. Nothing like bringing in the new year on a sled!!!!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so far im out for the season.. sleds still now done.. put new pistons rings etc new jugs and then sent it to the dealer.. they have yet to touch it in a week... all I need is a leak down test to check the crank seals and some other small things.. so i pretty much gave up.. didn't even pay the registration or insurance yet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i will be reseving rooms for the jan 19th run can we get a head count
by the way you do not need to be part of a ride to come up
you can check out the new website mineralriverlodge.com

1 - 20 of 22 Posts