Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 xc 700. last year I took out the rear suspension to give it a overhaul for the first time. Now it does the nose dive thing when you let off the throttle. what did I do wrong? need help please thank you Mr XC

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
sounds like i dont know so id go with him ^^^

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I'm thinking it has something to do with the limiter strap. How would your track tightness have anything to do with nosediving? I would say try and tighten up the limiter strap.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
sounds like ur suspension is tight and wants to push upwards when weight is not on it? im just spitballin

·
Registered
700 Posts
have you been changing your front suspension?
Did you change your limiter strap when you reworked the rear suspension?
Did you mount the rear bolts in the lower holes? aka deep snow setting
Did you mess with the front spring in your rear suspension?
On hard pack does your front end get real light under full throtle?
During WOT on good grippy hard pack, I like to have your skis just skimming the snow. Not lifted but mostly unloaded. If not loosen the strap a hole.
Something was changed to cause this problem.

Possible fix options:
Tighten front springs
Tighten forward rear susp. spring a little
Loosen limiter strap one hole. ( doing this may or may not require a little more tension on the forward spring)

Play with it

·
Registered
700 Posts
Originally posted by Luke68Polaris
[br]sounds like i dont know so id go with him ^^^
Absolutly worthless post. Why bother? I guess your meter went up one number though didnt it. Rock on

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Originally posted by mackinsaw
[br]I'm thinking it has something to do with the limiter strap. How would your track tightness have anything to do with nosediving? I would say try and tighten up the limiter strap.
Why would it be the Limiter strap if the suspension worked fine prior to its removal?

If the track is too tight it will restrict its spin, therefore acting like a brake. What happens when you brake? You nose dive.

·
Registered
348 Posts
make sure the dogleg didnt flip down on ya, look at the rear shock mount, it happened to me the other day. Had mine out and back together, when I went out for a test the sled was bottoming out and would get push at the ski's. Looked perfectly fine to me but roomie (cat mech) took one look and says "The dog leg is flipped down" took a bar and flipped it back straight and its fine now. But thats on a cat. But I would chk cuz its a good possibility.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts