Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is febuary and little snow has fallen. We have had an extremely cold winter, but little precipitation. I hope we'll get THE Blizzard we all are hoping for. I say it'll be 17-25" on Febuary 18th! I am going to jackman that week.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
We feel your pain catman, we have ZERO snow here and suppose to be -50 with the wind chill this weekend [:(!]

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I didn't realize so many people still didn't have snow. I went riding last night and snow was coming over the wedge hood, not used to that in lower michigan. We've got about 18" and 12" in the forcast for the next 2 days.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Anybody been to the Hurley-Ironwood area lately? Shows some snow depth on the wheather sites, but I would like to hear from someone who has been up there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Gotmud what part of Mi have you been riding at? the west side? cause i live in the lower east side andwe have only about 2 inches or less

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Originally posted by webster696
[br]Gotmud what part of Mi have you been riding at? the west side? cause i live in the lower east side andwe have only about 2 inches or less
I'm in sw michigan, couple miles from lake michigan.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Up home the trails were open for 2 days with a total of 4 inches of snow on them. If we don't get any more snow we could end this year with less than a foot of snow.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
did you know when its around -50 and such it doesnt really snow its too cold for the snow to fall. so it acutlally has to get warmer. we have anbout 10 inches or so and today is a little warmer and its been snowing a little but i cann see the clouds and i can smell the snow coming :D

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
We got snow down here not a whole lot but enough to ride, and its been realy cold too, with th windchils in need from -30 to -40

·
Registered
284 Posts
we had 11 inches at our cabin last weekend and its been snowing all week.. Ill be leaving tommorow in the am!

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
The past 6 days have yielded:

New Unofficial Snow Totals:
Orwell: 123"
North Redfield: 111"
Pulaski Hill: 101"
Parish: 90"

Tug hill and points south, we got about 36-40 inches at my place

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Originally posted by mdmaniac
[br]The past 6 days have yielded:

New Unofficial Snow Totals:
Orwell: 123"
North Redfield: 111"
Pulaski Hill: 101"
Parish: 90"

Tug hill and points south, we got about 36-40 inches at my place
That there is just down right depressing!! [V]

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Originally posted by catmandu170
[br]Got 2 Feet with another 8-12 tonight just south of Buffalo.
NORTHERN NY WAS ON THE NEWS! Over 7 feet fallen in some places! And almost 80" in the past week. I mean really. WTF!

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^Dude the news was way wrong. They said that "Upstate NY" got pounded... Dude no way. The snow stopped on the west side of the Adirondack mountains. All that snow was in a very concentrated area, just west of lake Ontario. I live 10 min south of Lake George and we have like 6 in at the best. Almost none of upstate has any snow just 3 to 18 in, only the lake effect areas have much.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts