Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is more of just an FYI from my experience.....
Two years agoI needed a trailer to haul at least three sleds. I searched all over my area (within 150 miles) for a 3 or 4 place aluminum trailer. I found a 1.5 year old Karavan 4 place drive on drive off for about 2K. It looked in good shape so I bought it. Got it home, went to repack the bearings. The surge brakes (front axle only) where so rusted, springs broke, wheel cylinders leaking. I got them working ok. Took them apart again yesterday, unbelievable the amount of rust, wheel cylinder pistons froze up!
For a trailer that's only 3.5 years old I have to replace pretty much all brake components except the master cylinder. Not to mention the 5 sheets of plywood on the top. I don't know if it's just cheap materials or what. But if anyone's looking for a trailer stay away from Karavan (unless it's the one I'm going to sell)

RtkatZL8

·
Registered
311 Posts
That is a shame. I wish you the best. I personaly like my " Floe " trailer. I also have a caravan 2 place trailer without brakes. I was left stranded on the side of the highway 2 years ago. I Do cary a spare tire but we could not remove the lugnuts. It would seem caravan had made the threaded part on the housing a pressed in deal and it was rotating with the stud. Well untill we replaced the housing and bearing assembly we were fu*ked. Now I keep a bearing and housing mounted to the spare tire. This makes easy change of a flat anyhow. One cotter pin, one nut, and washer. Of course bring a rag it is greasy.

"Meaningless Ride"

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I would have done my homework 2 years ago. From what I've learned since then Floe makes about the best open trailer on the market. I've had problem with the lugs also, luckily I was at home at the time. Lots of WD40 and an impact wrench

RtkatZL8

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yes Me Too! I am real pleased with the Floe trailer even though it was priced high compared to other trailers. I am going to wait another 2 years before replaceing my 2 place with a Floe also.

The Flow just is a superior trailer all around. The tie downs, the ramp system, the alum frame, the tandem axles (adjustable), the plywood is even routered, and the lighting system, not to mention the oversized wheels, tires.

"Meaningless Ride"

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have a Triton trailer which I like a lot. The start of every season I repack the bearings and put neversieze on the lug nuts, just to make it eaiser if I get into a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts