Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the Prowler out for a ride Tuesday night, and discovered My rear skid shock was totally sacked out (Zero damping up or down), so I was basically riding on just the torsion spring's.
First thing this morning I went out in the garage at 7 degree's F ,and installed the new Kimpex Pro Gold gas shock. Now I'm gonna go test it out on the local trail's, which are pretty rough right now.
Went from this
[attachment=56951]

To this, in about an hour.
[attachment=56952]

Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found that on EBay, cost Me $23.95 + shipping from Canada.
The total was less than $40.00[:D]. I've actually had it around here for about 2 1/2 month's[:I]. but like some other folk's around here, I procrastinated until We already had snow and it was bitter cold, too actually do anything about it[B)].
And of course We have no heater's in the outside garage[:(], so I had to do it all with gloves on, and frozen part's and wrenches sticking to the gloves half the time[:(!].

But now that it's done, I just got back from a 45 mile test ride.
Est made Mucho beeg deeferance senor![8D].
Took a couple pic's while I was out in the Kettle Moraine area.
[attachment=56977]
[attachment=56978]
[attachment=56979]
[attachment=56980]
[attachment=56981]
[attachment=56982]
We're supposed to get another 2-4 inches tommorow, so hopefully the riding will be a little better then.
Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I look at the old girl now, it's kinda hard to remember she was crashed before I got her! I bought it from My boss last January, for $700.00 with less than 2000 miles on the odometer and ran it like it was last year. Over the past year I've put on new side pod's,from a 93 Jag cause they're made from ABS instead of the original's, which were fiberglass and got crushed when the sled got rolled. Added the ski skin's, spindle guard's shock sock's, completely rebuilt the skid from My original part's and the part's from a skid I bought from Junkrider. Also bought a spare hood from him, with the original graphic's. Just have'nt gotten around to wet sanding the paint on it yet, too bring the shine back too it. plus the shock, and other miscelaneous part's. I've probably invested another $500-$600 to get Her back into what I consider acceptable shape.
All in All I think She looks pretty Damn good for a 17 yr old sled, that's been crashed pretty hard once.
I'm certainly not embaressed to take Her out on the trails, and rip it up.
Rick

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
I loved my kimpex shocks. Hope everything works out for you

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
thats a good looking sled right there. hey rick if your not doing anything next weekend there are the races going on in New Berlin at the VFW ill be there with the sleds and family if ya wanna stop out. maybe we can do some riding

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bob I grew up in New Berlin, I know exactly where the VFW is. But My brother and I are planning on going up to the Mercer area next weekend.
If We get a little more snow today I'll probably head over toward's the Kettle area again, and do a little more exploring.
The snow over there was a lot better than it was on the Mukwonago trail's. We have a majority of snirt and actual dirt over here.
Rick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts