Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....but when you just like to ride it works.

This isn't my sled but it is one just like it.

/snofan/../images/users/86 SRV/SRV from left.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/86 SRV/SRV left side.jpg

It is a 1986 Yamaha SRV 540

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks nice and clean; well taken care of. If it gets you out riding, that's what matters![:D]

Welcome to the forum.

Jacqui583.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Man, I remember when I wanted an SRV soooooooooooo bad!!! They were the shit back in the day.

·
Registered
352 Posts
hey looks are deceving....my machine has been made fun of cause of its pink and purple...but when it was opened up they stopped laphing....and some of those older sleds will flat out haul butt!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had an '89 SRV for many trouble-free years... It was a great, light, trail sled. The only thing I didn't like was the front suspension - once the bushings in the TSS wore out it had a ton of play in the steering...

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
this may be a little late in reply but its summer, so i am just enjoying old topics and others pics.

dont let its age get you down. them old srv's and srx's set a lot of people home with trophys cash and records. some of those old vintage 440 srx's are faster than most stock 700, and 800 twins. at one race the old vintage srx got 102 mph and most stock 700,800 twins were in the high 90's and low 100's. a

·
Registered
352 Posts
wow! thats pretty darn good...my 570 will push 104 but thats its stop mark...wont go any faster...and you know what its even more fun to wup up on a new sled with an old one :D the victory just taste so much more sweeter :D

·
Registered
313 Posts
My buddy has one and he never had a problem with it, not too bad on speed either.. You may find that the front end is a little narrow, but once you get use to it you'll have no problems....

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I have an 1988 Indy 400 hence the name and like someone here said "some of those old sleds can haul some a$$" and my 400 can do 95 on a good day, ive been up to 90 myself but i happened to run out of room and it was still pulling, not much for suspension though.[:D]

·
Registered
581 Posts
i got a 1990 400 it hauls my ass real well i can get up to around 90 in a quarter mile and its still pulling ive been working on it all summer and it looks like a race machine now and im gonna go to minnedos or gimli and get it radared this winter

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hey the white stuff in your pic. is also awesome. Yeh I liked the srv's too. I have a beat up 1980 TXC 340. Only year made in the F/A 340. Fast 340 for the year. 68 mph. and light as hell. I replace the old worn out rubber track and went with a cleated I found in near new cond. cheap. This is a bum around sled and 50 miles on it is all my body can take in a day. I stay close to home also, because of many problems. Not with motor thou, this thing runs awesome and strong thats why after 12 years I still have it. Also have friends with early 70's cats and stingers. And we make a day and ride the OLD DOGS for fun. Sure get lots of looks with these also. FUN < FUN < FUN - TXC

·
Registered
777 Posts
must be fun,last year i passed a poker derby with a bunch a guys on some real old skidoo,s,all of them riding with one knee on the seat,didn,t look comfortable,but they were all smiling.I May Have To Try That

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Where was that poker derby at XcSpecial? I know that there was one around here where the oldest sled to finish got like 500 bucks...

·
Registered
414 Posts
I think your Yamaha looks nice! it's a classic..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts