Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 85 Indy 600 out today.(Went about 60 miles.) Any way it didn't do to bad. Little boggy here and there. Just wondering though, why does one of the head bolts on the clutch side head have a little antifreeze comming out I was running 230 main jets and set the needle mid way. The plugs never got realy light. My dad wants to put leaner pilots in. Good Idea? The only real big problem we had to day was a dawm rock hit the tie rod so we couldn't steer worth a dawm. But all and all it ran almost like hell. Any suggestions about getting the bog completly or almost gone.
Oh ya it was toppin out at about [email protected] rpms.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Antifreeze coming out of the head bolt = leaky/bad head gasket. This could be really bad if its leaking into the combustion chamber. It will smoke a lighter color if you're burning antifreeze.

You will have to get a new head gasket on there. But first try retorquing those head bolts to see if it helps.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
hotrod is right. i do not know the exact top speed but ive had my 83 600 with a big bore kit well over 100mph. i wouldnt lean it out any more. you already have it lean as it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts