Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's been quite a while since there's been any snow in my area to ride. we finally found a place in nd that has enough snow to at least do some spirited trail riding. taking off early sat, hoping to get some good hours of riding with about 8 other guys. anybody else have any plans for this weekend? it ain't much, but at this point in time, beggars can't be choosers.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yea, we have ample snow here in NY. Its very scattered though. Sure Buffalo has 9 feet but Tug Hill got 100'' over the past weekend! The grass is popping through the snow at the school, but 10 miles to my house, the snow is up to my knees. I have put 120 very happy miles on my sled but that was from mid december to now. I plan to go to Old Forge for the weekend with 10 or 12 friends. We will have some hot sleds in the group, 3 Vipers, 1 XCR 800, 2 ZR 800s(drool), 4 XC 600s, and me stuck with my XLT Special....

Ah who cares, as long as I can go eh?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ride Snowmobiles, baseball, bowling, and golf require only ONE ball!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by - paulxlt on 04 Jan 2002 11:37:03

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you make my trip look like nuthin! haha, that's alright- any snow is good snow right?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Where you going in ND? I assume that is North Dakota? I have been riding the ditches up here, but this warmer weather is melting what little we had. I heard Bottineau has some left though. Let me know, maybe we can hook up for a ride.

Live to Ride! - FrozenSmile

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'm just waiting around for snow.There'e 28 turkey right outside my window right now.There's not enough snow to ride my sled yet.

Beware of landowners wielding snowshovels!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
talked to guy who lives in wahpeton last night. he said the trails are still alright to ride. might talk to him again tonight just to make sure, but yeah, we're gonna ride up by wahpeton somewheres. i've never been there riding, but my bro goes to school there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
28 turkey??

I don't care where we go, let's just ride....

·
Registered
246 Posts
Is the season open for them?

Snowmachining is not a thing to do - its a way of life

1 - 11 of 11 Posts