Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't help but notice all the pics on here of people sleds from the States. Sweet looking sleds....here in Canada we have to put our registration numbers down the sides of our hoods. In the States is this not mandatory. It sure hurts the looks of alot of our sleds if you don't get the right graphics person and with an airbrush. Just curious.[:D] Mark

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Motorcycle sized lic plates here in Saskatchewan, in Manitoba where P-man and Big Willy live too I think.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
In Alaska we have to put our registration sticker on the outside of the sled, there like 4"x6" I put them on the tunnel and covered them with tunnel braces!!!!!!

·
Registered
671 Posts
i had mine on the tunnel, and when i got caught by the dnr he said that wasnt leagal, and i like what the heck, alota people have that. pissed me off

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Here's what I stick on my sled. 2 little holes, 2 rivets. Done deal.

/polarisman/../images/users/Polaris-Man/licenseplate.jpg

·
Registered
277 Posts
WOW! Polarisman that thing is like, huge! Here in NY when you buy a new sled the Department of Motor Vehicles has a 4" x 6" reflective decal with the registration numbers on it. This number stays with the sled until it dies! Older sleds here just have 4 or 5 numbers with 2 letters usually on the cab or bellypan. On my 97 Polaris the 4 x 6 decals are on my tunnel and on my wifes 98 Polaris I had them painted on the side panels of her evolved chassis and they look great. But man if you guys up in the Great White North have to put those billboards on your sleds I would be ticked off!!

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Huge?

hell my boot covers it, it's not big at all. Plus I can put it on my tunnel, which doesn't muck up the looks of my hood. I'd rather have this thing than to put stupid stickers on my beautiful hood.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
You can see it on my old sled here:

8 inches long and 5 inches high. That's not very big...

Plus this is just 2 rivets that hold this thing on. Easily removed.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
In Wisconsin we've got the stickers too...when I got my 91 polaris the guy b4 took two pieces of aluminum (painted black), with the stickers on, and riveted them to the rear-top corner of the belly plastic. It actually looks really good...until they went to a fugly green sticker! A lot of ppl put them behind the winshield on the hood, or the tunnel...only the grumpy DNR guys make much more than a grumble about it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Some pics from around the cabin.

/snofan/../images/users/In Alaska/Chelatna 1.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/In Alaska/Chelatna 2.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/In Alaska/Chelatna 3.jpg

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I've only got 2 numbers and 1 letter for my reg [:D] Plus they're only 1.5 inch tall stickers, and yes its legal!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Geeze Louise......look at all that snow.
Even the RMK's look a little in over their heads...get it heads lol.
Do you guys ever use those super wide floatation skis to get up on the snow??

·
Registered
246 Posts
Naw, most of the time we dont have too much trouble, and all the machines in the pics are bone stock. My cousan did upgrade from the 700 SKS to last years 800 RMK with the 151.

·
Registered
246 Posts
BTW thoses pics were taken in Jan two years ago. We receive a lot more snow that year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts