Snowmobile Fanatics banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Originally posted by artiksno340
[br]Bring on the snow! now if only some of you people would help me out with lodging and such please!
The last time i went to tug hill we stayed in Watertown, prices seemed to be cheaper. I don't remember how much though, this was a couple years ago. Is the ride going to be mainly a one or two day thing? And we still have to decide what time to get going and where to meet, but we still have time to figure that out.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I'm thinking its going to be a ride all day Saturday, and maybe a half day ride Sunday. We'll probably be meeting at 10 am Saturday morning at MARTY's im thinkin, right at the bottom of the hill, off of rt. 26 or something

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I personally think RipnChick should be in charge of figuring out where we should ride. only because he's a local. He will probably know trails that don't get as high of traffic. I also nominate him as our "guide".

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Originally posted by RXL95
[br]I personally think RipnChick should be in charge of figuring out where we should ride. only because he's a local. He will probably know trails that don't get as high of traffic. I also nominate him as our "guide".
just want to fix one thing. RipnChicks a she. She, Laura, says she usually rides Old Forge, but i definitely like the idea.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
[br]
[br]I personally think RipnChick should be in charge of figuring out where we should ride. only because he's a local. He will probably know trails that don't get as high of traffic. I also nominate him as our "guide".
just want to fix one thing. RipnChicks a she. She, Laura, says she usually rides Old Forge, but i definitely like the idea.
Sorry about that

·
Registered
493 Posts
I already have plans to be up there that weekend. I'm heading up to Old Forge on Wednesday January 4th. I can let you know how the riding is, but I won't have access to a computer...got a phone though.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
alright ill be heading up either the 5th or early 6th. i pmed you lovethemtriples. ill make sure lines of communication are open and will be used so we know whats happening up there. are you going to be riding with us on saturday and/or sunday then?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I know of a couple of places that can easyly handle trailers and people for lodging when we are ready to make arrangments let me know. any thing I can do to help guys

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Originally posted by aja636
[br]I know of a couple of places that can easyly handle trailers and people for lodging when we are ready to make arrangments let me know. any thing I can do to help guys
As soon as you can let us know what those places are please do so. My only concern is that the lodging should be easy to find because there are going to be many people who are not familiar with the area. Also let me know if you have any good ideas for a meeting place, riding destinations, and anything else. TJ

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
[br]
[br]
Sorry about that
Hey RXL95..no harm-no foul...I know not too many "chicks" are posting on the site.
As far as me being the guide[:I]I'm flattered to have been nominated...being a newbie and all, but honestly I am not all that familiar with the Tug Hill ride.
I can certainly sniff around for some info on trailer parking, meeting places, lodging and suggested routes and destinations though. I come from a big group of riders, and I'm sure I can pick a few brains between now and the forum ride.
I'll be glad to help any way I can.

·
Registered
169 Posts
off the top of my head a place called The Edge is a big hotel right in the center of town.from therewe can ride out of to where ever, I know tug hill enough to get around it, but i really know the surrounding trails better. They have maps that are great for the area to help us

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
i am the same way. i know my way around the surrounding areas of the hill much better. we're working on finding a local to lead the ride. i put rates for the Edge earlier in this post. everyone let me know what they think about the rates. it would be a perfect place but i think the prices are kind of high. aja636 do you know where martys is? i was thinking it would be a good place to meet

·
Registered
169 Posts
Marty's would be a good spot to meet up at Its right in the middle of the trails. (I broke out my trail map of lewis county to make sure.) Depending how many miles everyone wants to put on for the day, there are alot of options from Marty's. we all could do the loop out to stillwater down to old forge then over to boonville and back up to marty's. Thats good for 200-250 miles. And to drive thur old forge I wouldn't worry about there permit rules.

·
Registered
169 Posts
My brother and father want in on this ride also, and they both have spent more time in tug hill then I have. We can lead the group if needed. I am sure we can get lost just as good as any one else.
The only thing is we have to feed them beer when we done riding!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Thanks aja. Thatd be great if your dad and brother would come too. We'll definitely take care of em at the end of the ride lol. I think we should shoot for a loop up to stillwater and back, im figuring 150 miles for the day would be more than enough for most people especially if we want to go back out sunday. We will meet at martys then for 10 am saturday. I'M LOOKING INTO STAYING AT A CHEAPER HOTEL TOWARDS LOWVILLE. I DID THIS LAST YEAR AND PAID AT LEAST HALF OF WHAT WE WOULD TO STAY AT THE EDGE. WE WILL NOT HAVE TRAIL ACCESS BUT WILL BE WITHIN MINUTES OF TRAILERING TO MARTYS. DOES THIS SOUNDS OKAY TO EVERYONE, OR WOULD YOU RATHER PAY TO STAY AT A PLACE LIKE THE EDGE OR TIMBERVIEW?????

·
Registered
169 Posts
thats a good Idea artiksno, tell them we are a club or something. It never hurts to ask. Stillwater is a good destination, then run across the reserviour to beaver river all good trails. lets hope for good snow. I will be up in old forge from dec 22nd to jan 3rd. I can post how the conditions are

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
anyone got a address to about where we are going to be going to? so i can type it in to mapquest and get a estimation on how far it is that i have to travel and how long. thanks guys.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts