Snowmobile Fanatics banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
alright lets mimic the minnesota guys. split up into certain riding groups. who wants to find places to play and who wants more miles of trail riding, etc. i'm going to contact some more hotels and such. please anybody else who can try to look into some places to stay and all PLEASE DO SO!!!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Dear TJ,
Thank you for your interest in The Edge Hotel. We do have room availability for the dates you have in question. The maximum amount of people allotted in a standard room is 4. There is breakfast charge of $5.00 per person for more than 4 people in a room. Unfortunately, we are unable to grant you a group discount, as this is our peak season. The price per room, per night is $99.00 plus tax. If you have any further questions, or would like to make reservations, please feel free to contact us via e-mail or toll free # 1-866-348-4211.
Thanks Again,
Patti Gagne
Front Desk Clerk
Reply to the email that i sent already. Thats not that bad of a deal IMO. start making reservations if anyone wants to! sounds like a good place to be

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
is that the edge in old forge? if it is, i've stayed there a couple times. nice place.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Originally posted by artiksno340
[br]http://www.theedgehotel.com/ its right off of route 12, very easy to find, and right on the trails
cool, i'll probably contact them tomorrow. that's in close proximity to the meeting place then?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
http://www.absolutesnowmobile.com/absolutesnowmobile_019.htm
PERFECT LITTLE MAP TO SEE WHERE THE EDGE AND OTHER PLACES ARE

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
[br]http://www.absolutesnowmobile.com/absolutesnowmobile_019.htm
PERFECT LITTLE MAP TO SEE WHERE THE EDGE AND OTHER PLACES ARE
excellent. that puts it all in great perspective for me.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Originally posted by aja636
[br]Marty's would be a good spot to meet up at Its right in the middle of the trails. (I broke out my trail map of lewis county to make sure.) Depending how many miles everyone wants to put on for the day, there are alot of options from Marty's. we all could do the loop out to stillwater down to old forge then over to boonville and back up to marty's. Thats good for 200-250 miles. And to drive thur old forge I wouldn't worry about there permit rules.
I'd definitely worry about riding thru old forge without a permit.You don't want to get that ticket!
Realize the O.F. cops are all local boys...grew up on sleds, and know how to ride 'em to catch you.
I would be all for the ride you describe though..I have a trail pass.
Boonville/Penn Mtn./White Lake is good riding...less crowded than the hill.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
ya i was kinda effy about going through old forge. i didn't plan on getting a trail pass this year. and i don't wanna end up paying like 200 bucks just for ridingone trail through there if i get cuaght.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
there is one state trail that takes you through old forge. i rode it last year. i think its the railroad, the one that goes past big moose station and takes you to stillwater and all

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
[br]there is one state trail that takes you through old forge. i rode it last year. i think its the railroad, the one that goes past big moose station and takes you to stillwater and all
It's only accessible via the OF trail system...if I am correct.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
nope, as long as you're registered in NY its fine. yeah i just looked at my map, its the railroad line and its labeled as either trail 3 or c7 im not sure which one

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
[br]nope, as long as you're registered in NY its fine. yeah i just looked at my map, its the railroad line and its labeled as either trail 3 or c7 im not sure which one
OK (I don't have my trail maps handy...glad you do)
The tracks are iffy though, either it's great riding or real bad.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
[/quote]
OK (I don't have my trail maps handy...glad you do)
The tracks are iffy though, either it's great riding or real bad.

[/quote]
This is true. when the rails are showing it tends to be bad but when they arent it tends to be better. i guess we'll find out

·
Registered
55 Posts
The Edge Motel is in Port Leyden, Ny, not Old Forge. Marty's is in Houseville, which is closer to Tug Hill. Right next door to The Edge is a restaurant called The River Trail. A real nice place with good food. The trail towards Stillwater/Brantingham is there. Marty's is going the other way and then backtracking a bit.
There's another place in Boonville called Head Waters Motor Lodge @ 315-942-4493. It's right on the trail, about 7 miles south of The Edge. Their rate is $65.00 plus tax for 2.
The RR bed through Old Forge from Mig Moose Station IS open to all registered sleds. Just don't go off that trail even if the rails are showing. The Webb cops give tix and the fine is $160.00 plus the season pass fee ($80.00). Have fun.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
will you be joining us then 800cc28? i hope so. sounds like you're very knowledgable of the area and would be a big help

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have been riding old forge for 10 years or so and only got stopped once for permits, and even then they let us go. that why I said it wouldn't be a big deal. but now that i got a trail pass I forget most people don't

the rail bed will pound you if there isn't enough snow on it.
we can get to plenty of other places without going thur old forge.

·
Registered
169 Posts
here is a list of hotels/motels in tug hill area

Redwood motor lodge 315-788-2850
tug hill cabins 315-688-2267
Tug hill Inn 315-376-4299
The spruces 315-376-8901
Montaque Inn 315-376-2078
Youseys buckhorn 315-346-6618
Le-Hav Motel 315-376-2721
Flat Rock Inn 315-376-2332
Marty's 315-376-7042
Old Chruch Inn 315-376-8423
Timberview Lodge 315-348-8400
West Wind Motel 315-348-6856
Tow Path Inn 315-348-8122
Highland Wood Lodge 315-348-8649
The Edge 315-348-4211

All of these are close to the center of town and close to any meeting points

For rides through tug hill,we could go out to:
redfield and back about 150 to 200 mile loop
or
stillwater/ belfort and back. that would be 100-150 miles
or d
highmarket and boonville, lots of fields to run through without no tresspassing signs to play in powder.

All of these areas don't require trail permits.
just a few ideas.

61 - 80 of 83 Posts