Snowmobile Fanatics banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sorry Artik...I don't ride on Tug Hill that much anymore. Too many wannabees up there. Especially that 1 weekend of the new year. A lot of people off from work and/or school means a lot of people on the hill. Also, the lakes may not be 100% safe yet at that time. I stick to the east side and south side of the hill mostly now. Much better trails and more respectable riders!! Like I said, HAVE FUN!!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Originally posted by 800cc28
[br]Sorry Artik...I don't ride on Tug Hill that much anymore. Too many wannabees up there. Especially that 1 weekend of the new year. A lot of people off from work and/or school means a lot of people on the hill. Also, the lakes may not be 100% safe yet at that time. I stick to the east side and south side of the hill mostly now. Much better trails and more respectable riders!! Like I said, HAVE FUN!!
I'm kinda with you on that one 800cc28...one of my earlier posts referred to some of the riders on the hill as "freaks". I too usually ride further east, b'ville, penn mtn. down to 46 in rome back up past delta, up towards white lake inn and back around to b'ville (when i'm not in old forge that is)
Still, i'm game for the SF ride wherever we end up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
RipnChik...SSSHHHHHH!! Don't tell too many people about the areas you ride in. It's a secret!!! lol
I used to be on "The Hill" every weekend from Thursday to Sunday. The traffic wasn't this bad 15 years ago. It just keeps getting worse, especially when noone else has snow and that is the place that everyone goes to. What we need is a few years with the whole northeastern US having enough snow to keep all the wannabees in their own back yards, so to speak, and we will start seeing less snowmobile-death related articles in our area. Too many on too few trails and the groomers can't keep up.
I accept the fact that we live where we live, and am hopeful that the new 2-tier law will give the local clubs the much needed more money they require to grow into newer machines OR some people will just get out of the sport completely,...leaving it for the real diehards that love trail riding in relatively safe conditions!!

81 - 83 of 83 Posts