Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let us know where your staying and if you have any more ideas about the ride.
who i have on the list so far:
me, my dad
indy440
polarissledneck28, brother, father, mother
RipnChick, husband, 2-10 others
Aja636, 4 others
RXL95
Catalltheway, 1-2 others
Dubstar, 1-2 others
Zippi, 3 others
micorps1
lovethemtriples, 2 friends
customized89trail, 1-2 friends
Please verify that you'll be there, whether you're on the list or not!

·
Registered
169 Posts
right now it me and four others total. We will be staying at the edge friday and sat night going home sunday morning

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
yup, you got me down.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yeah i need to go down the list of lodges and get me some reservations once i get back in the states.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I can't wait for this trip. I've only got 80 miles on my sled and the snow reports look good for out there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i'm from canada do i need a trail permit to ride there ....and how much those it cost ..
thank's

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
luchman....it will be great if you can make it!
No trail permit required for where we are headed......but you will need a NY state registration.
Check here on how to do this:
http://www.snowmobileny.com/ny-snowmobile-registration.htm

·
Registered
219 Posts
Im still iffy. Ive been having trouble getting my sled to run, and I think I found out the problem. But at the cost of a broken recoil and stripped crankcase end. Im going to try to come up with a solution by the time the ride is. If its not gonna work, i cant risk burning up another boondocker and I wont go.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
When you all go, you have to post some pic's.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
When and where are you guys going? I am south of Buffalo and looking for some riding action.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Intimdtr77
[br]When and where are you guys going? I am south of Buffalo and looking for some riding action.
the ride is going to be january 7-8. we will be riding tug hill and the surrounding areas, a lot of us will be staying at the edge hotel. look at the other topics about the NY ride and i'm sure you'll see lots of other information

·
Registered
437 Posts
Just a thought, but how are we going to be able to tell who is from SF? Are we going to wonder around and ask people if they are here for the SF ride, Just curious. And what time are we meeting again?, 10 is it.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tug Hill SF Ride January 7-8

http://www.absolutesnowmobile.com/absolutesnowmobile_019.htm
we will be meeting at Martys at 10 am saturday. On that map, the purple thing which is above Timberview is where Martys is, right off of Route 26 (it is to the right of where the name Martys is)
http://www.martyspubandgrub.com/ Thats Marty's website.

We will be riding the loop up to Stillwater on Saturday. Of course, we're definitely going to look for some fun places to play around at on the way there and back. Stillwater reservoir is 11 miles long and should be awesome if its frozen solid.
On Sunday, if anyone is up for it we will most likely be riding down in the Penn Mountain Area.

THESE PLANS MAY HAVE TO CHANGE DUE TO UNFAVORABLE WEATHER CONDITIONS, WE'LL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS WITHIN THE NEXT WEEK

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by CatAllTheWay
[br]Just a thought, but how are we going to be able to tell who is from SF? Are we going to wonder around and ask people if they are here for the SF ride, Just curious
That's a good question. Anybody got any ideas? Maybe a banner or something??

·
Registered
169 Posts
hey guys I just got back from Old Forge, we got rained out all week. The Hill got the same weather to. The future isn't looking to bright also. more rain later in the week and no snow. We put on 200 miles untill the roads went black. and half of those miles were in the rain. Lets hope for some snow or we might not be riding at all. I know they are calling for a inch or two saturday but that isn't going to be enough to help.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I came home early because we couldn't ride. The trails were still snow covered but just, and any road, r/r tracks, are bare.

Also the lakes and reseviore are froze but nobody is running them, still to iffy? I spoke to the owners of the Stillwater restuarent Joe an mariane and they said to stay off it till some cold weather comes in. It averaged 35 degrees this past week and that temp is not making Ice.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts