Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it doesn't look like the weekend of the 7-8 is going to be the best as of now, but we should still wait til at least Tuesday the 3rd or Wednesday the 4th to postpone the ride. So it would be great if everyone could put up some ideas as to alternate dates or alternate riding routes, just in case we need them. Hopefully, we won't need to postpone and everything can go on as scheduled. THINK SNOW!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
if there is no snow to ride lets just figure on a date in feb. to all get together. just run another poll or something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i'll definitely do another poll. looks like the weather is shaping up and looking better for this coming week tho so we'll have to wait and see what develops. any suggestions for weekends in February? I think we should stay away from Presidents Day Weekend because there's always heavy traffic and I've heard rumors that the Edge is already booked for that weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,969 Posts
i don't know, doesnt' seem too bad to me. i'm still planning on going.

http://www.absolutesnowmobile.com/trail_conditions_003.htm


and wunderground.com says they're looking at more snow toward the end of the week and over the weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,432 Posts
I came back because there was no snow by me. I would say we make the call Wed. I personally don't want to go riding with you guys if trail conditions suck. I would rather wait for them to get better. Everyone Has to check there schedules and see when they can go. I know febuary is a little hard for me i'm planning a canada trip and another group ride with family and friends. January i have a club poker run i was planning on making but no snow could push that into feb.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
from what I hear they just got 2 inches of snow sat and sun. They are calling for more this week. I would like to see it happen, I am going to make the call wed or thurs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
TJ i will call you Tuesday night to find out the final decision.......if there is no ride then there is no use to me to drive to NY on my way home to DC......i will just stay here in Northern MN 3 more days and ride here, i have had 3 rides in the last week that went over 120 miles each hahaha trails are alittle rough here but you can still get 50-70mph on some trails.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,182 Posts
Things are going to have to change or its not gonna be worth going. I cant justify the trip to ride on 10 inches of snow. Hopefully the weather takes a turn for the better!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
538 Posts
Personally I'd say rescedule. But that's only because I'm still without sleds and need more time to work on them. I'm also gonna have to regiester both of them before they can leave my yard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
well my group talked and we are still heading up. If there isn't enough snow to run to tug hill we are going to stay in old forge and ride. I am leaving thursday afternoon. I hope you guys make the call before thursday so I know to meet up with everyone (If there is snow)
let me know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
Originally posted by aja636
[br]well my group talked and we are still heading up. If there isn't enough snow to run to tug hill we are going to stay in old forge and ride. I am leaving thursday afternoon. I hope you guys make the call before thursday so I know to meet up with everyone (If there is snow)
let me know.
My group is still heading up Thurday morning. There is going to be 4-5 of us. If no one else comes maybe we can meet up. We have a cabin at the Old Forge campground.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
831 Posts
Snowing pretty hard right now. We are expecting in excess of 10 inches tonight.

This should help the ride for sure.

Bulldog
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Bulldog
[br]Snowing pretty hard right now. We are expecting in excess of 10 inches tonight.

This should help the ride for sure.

Bulldog
is that at the Hill? because i couldnt find any reports that said that. still not looking good, definitely thinking we're leaning towards postponing now, but i hope the weather proves me wrong!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,430 Posts
Originally posted by Lovethemtriples
[br]
Originally posted by aja636
[br]well my group talked and we are still heading up. If there isn't enough snow to run to tug hill we are going to stay in old forge and ride. I am leaving thursday afternoon. I hope you guys make the call before thursday so I know to meet up with everyone (If there is snow)
let me know.
My group is still heading up Thurday morning. There is going to be 4-5 of us. If no one else comes maybe we can meet up. We have a cabin at the Old Forge campground.
Hey guys,
We rode in Old Forge on Sun & Mon, trails were not bad....just a little mealy in the corners from the warm weather, scratchy and clicky in a few spots...but hey, whats a set of carbides right?
Anyway, I'm still up for the ride at the hill, but in case it is postponed and you two (aja636 and lovethemtriples) end up in Old Forge, let me know and we can hook up then. PM me your cell #'s or something.
(by the way...my husband built all the log cabins at the campground in Old Forge[:)])
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,182 Posts
Count me out guys. I centerpunched a tree at 15mph and im not riding anymore. My sled is forsale 1100 bucks takes it.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top