Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the conditions aren't very favorable at all. So I think it's best that we postpone til later on in the season. If we plan for early February then we still have the ability to postpone til late February/ early March if we have to. So, it makes the most sense to postpone til early February IMO. I think we should stay away from President's Day wknd because I'm sure most of you have plans already and most hotels are booked up. So when does everyone want to reschedule for?? If you pick other please state when! Thanks again and THINK SNOW!!!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I picked the last weekend in Jan...the sooner the better! But I'm really OK with any date.
I do usually go on an annual ride in Raquette Lake sometime in February with a group of co-workers.

Forgot to mention......it's raining right now[xx(]

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by RipnChick
[br]
Originally posted by artiksno340
[br]
Originally posted by RipnChick
[br]
Forgot to mention......it's raining right now[xx(]
well that makes me feel a little better, guess we made the ride decision
Actually, we made the NO-RIDE decision.[:eek:)]lol
hahaha OOPS. that was suppose to be right!!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
out of those dates, the weekend of feb 25th looks best for me. but can make no promises now. i have a busy couple months ahead of me with a 6 night trip to rockwood maine starting on january 31st already planned.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
feb 4-5 is best for me, but 11-12 or 25-26 would work too. this weather better turn for the better soon, still getting warmer temps and some rain is killing me!!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
I hate to even say it, but we should of had the ride this weekend. I rode over 400 miles and only hit two bad, but passable trails...they were out near moose river plains (FX MATTS Trail). All the lakes were awesome, traffic was low and they got about 2-3 inches of new snow every day. I made it to stillwater with no problems. Roads and the train tracks were good. The reservoir itself was good too. It was a good weekend.

·
Registered
169 Posts
yeah this weekend was great, although I did talk to joe from stillwater and a few other guys and they said tug hill wasn't that ggod yet. they said that they needed more snow out on the hill,
sorry we didn't get a hold of each other Lovethemtriples maybe next time, My group got a little over 300 miles, we ran to long lake, and that was great, call me next time your going up agian, we will do some riding.
any way I can't make the 4-5 weekend but I can the 11-12 or any weekend after that.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Originally posted by aja636
[br]sorry we didn't get a hold of each other Lovethemtriples maybe next time, My group got a little over 300 miles, we ran to long lake, and that was great, call me next time your going up agian, we will do some riding.
Yeah I was going to call you but we had more people come up then we expected and two of them had never been there before. There was 7 of us and it was hard enough to keep the entire group together without adding another 6 to it. Plus the two newbies slowed the group down. We'll have to try it again some other time.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Originally posted by Lovethemtriples
[br]
Originally posted by aja636
[br]sorry we didn't get a hold of each other Lovethemtriples maybe next time, My group got a little over 300 miles, we ran to long lake, and that was great, call me next time your going up agian, we will do some riding.
Yeah I was going to call you but we had more people come up then we expected and two of them had never been there before. There was 7 of us and it was hard enough to keep the entire group together without adding another 6 to it. Plus the two newbies slowed the group down. We'll have to try it again some other time.
Well then, I guess that's why you didn't get ahold of me either then[:I]
I will agree with what you said, trails were great.
We looked for your sled at the Glenmore around 1pm, but couldn't find you, so continued our (very sucky) ride.
Sucky because after the Glenmore, we headed up the tracks to Norridgewok, got about 2 miles up, and I smoked my sled. Coolant bottle somehow got waaaaay to hot and a hole melted thru the side, dumped my coolant, blew a HUGE cloud of steam in my face goin' about 70 up the trax. Shut 'er down, and here's where it gets even more interesting.....Usually hubby carries a water bottle, did not have one this time, so down the ditch on the side of the tracks (about 5-6 feet) he goes to a little creek to retreive some water, via his friggin sunglass case! Took several trips to get some more water in the sled, thankfully she still ran, we headed back towards Big Moose on the tracks, he riding my sled. Got maybe a mile, and he gets the temp lite. Stops, shuts 'er down again, lifts the cowl and you can just hear the bubbling. Not wanting to risk cooking the head, he decides to tow me back to BM Station, via tow rope tied to my left ski.
Now, sometimes it's hard enough to stay on the tracks (lol) so he's pulling me along, my left shoulder is coming out of the socket, my a$$ end slipping off to the side.....working REAL hard to keep her straight, and at this point I lost all semblance of correct hand signals, and he turns around for a second, I'm waving at him, and he thinks I mean go faster!![:p](lol) so of course, he turns around and grabs it! Now I'm startin' to think I'm gonna go over the right side in the tulips, and he turns around again, and I give him the (correct) signal to STOP! He stops, busts balls for a few minutes, we both laugh, and he ties to front bumper instead.
Make it to BM station, leave my poor old dog there, he flips over the '99, cranks up the suspension, I hop on.....and away we go.....
2-Up sno-cross is the best way to describe our ride back to Old Forge.[:p]
My husband rides everything like he stole it....sleds no exception, and obviously, me as a passenger no exception either.
He was quite happy to utilize my extra weight for killer hook-ups, ski-lifts, air time, boondocking....etc., etc.
I worked harder throwing my weight on the back of his sled, than I would have riding my own. (I smacked him a few times, but really was laughing and had actually a great ride!)
So......if any of you guys passed two white 700's......one towing the other, then you saw us!
So ordered a new coolant bottle, may also need a cyl.gasket (as she got so hot, it looked like it was squeezing the gasket right out of the head)....dealer also says all this may have been caused by the water pump belt, so some fixin' to do before our next ride.
Ah...the adventures of snowmobiling!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Lovethemtriples
[br]I hate to even say it, but we should of had the ride this weekend. I rode over 400 miles and only hit two bad, but passable trails...they were out near moose river plains (FX MATTS Trail). All the lakes were awesome, traffic was low and they got about 2-3 inches of new snow every day. I made it to stillwater with no problems. Roads and the train tracks were good. The reservoir itself was good too. It was a good weekend.
i was afraid i was going to hear that eventually.
RipnChick- great story haha, i could picture it as u told it

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by RXL95
[br]The way the weather is looking we might not ever get this ride in.
dont remind me [:(]
Since Feb 4-5 is so far ahead in the poll, should we just plan it for then??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts