Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone of us need to send a letter. Mine are going out in the morning. Just print off 4 of them, fill your name in, and send them off. Take you less than 5 mins and just the cost of 4 stamps. I challenge all of you to do this tomorrow and post up.

Got this email today. Not good. People are not stepping up to bitch like they did in 08. We need to do this while paterson is still in office. When he is out we hope to never see this crap again. But if it goes thru it will stick and 5 million of our trail dollars will be forever gone and not spent on your trails. I did all the leg work and posted it at the bottom of this message to make it easy for everyone. The assembly people used here are from Central NY but you can look up the ones in your own area if you want.

email source said:
Hello all,

As of now our efforts have been reported as dismall at best. We are supposed to be in the middle of a letter writing campagin to our Assembly:(Gary D. Finch - 123rd District , Barbara Lifton - 125th District ,Brian M. Kolb - 129th District )
and Senate ( Sen. James L. Seward)members as well as our Governor to express our displeasure in the budget sweep of YOUR trail fund. We all need to get the message out to our fellow club members to take action and PLEASE get letters out ASAP. You can find form letters that you can personalize on NYSSAs web site http://www.nyssnowassoc.org/ ,print and send them...it's that easy. Our lobbyist group reports that they are begining to get some feedback from Albany but it's nothing compared to 2008.

If anyone has any questions about this , please feel free to contact me.

Club Reps,

Please forward this to as many of your members as possible. Please report back to me ASAP with any information of letters already sent (quanity and to whom). We are looking to find out where letters are being sent from.
THANK YOU to ALL !!
Rick Burt
607-591-5650
www.svsginc.com
http://www.nysnowmobiler.com
Cortland County District Director
Here I did the leg work -
Find your local senator and assembly people here along with all the word docs to fax/mail out! Its right on the home page
http://www.nyssnowassoc.org/
Gary Finch
District Office
69 South Street
Auburn, NY 13021

Barbara Lifton
District Office
106 East Court Street
Ithaca, NY 14850

Brian M. Kolb
607 West Washington St.
Suite 2
Geneva, NY 14456

James Seward
District Office
41 So. Main Street
Oneonta, NY 13820

Here is a link to the MSWord File for you to modify and print for the assembly members above
http://www.nyssnowassoc.org/joomla_prod/images/stories/Member-Letter-DOB-Sweep-Assembly.doc

You are also encouraged to send or fax paterson and the budget director directly!
* Fax line for Governor Paterson: 518-474-1513
* Fax line for Director Megna: 518-402-2298
Forms specially made for those two are here right on the home page
http://www.nyssnowassoc.org/
If you want to mail instead of fax
David A. Paterson
State Capitol
Albany, NY 12224

Robert Megna
State Capitol
Albany, NY 12224

EDIT - Assembly is getting together in Albany this week to address the gov budget with our trail money in it! Fax is probably best at this point!

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Do you want out of staters to do this too? If so, I'll help.

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ Heck yeah man! Would not hurt. You can say you are an out of stater that rides here.

I have sent letters to other states before. It actually sometimes works. If the person doing the bad thing is approached by enough assembly members, they usually change their mind and make things right. If they get 5,000 letters, you bet this issue will be talked about in Albany and not swept under the rug.

This money they are taking is what usually goes to clubs. So guess what happens when clubs don't get money. We don't get trails and the ones we are able to keep turn into bump junk.

Pretty easy to sent some letters, they are already pre-made up and all!

Come on sled heads.. 5 mins of your time and a buck or two in stamps.. support the sport!!

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Letter modified as a "tourist", signed, stamped, will drop in mail in the AM. Come on everyone, let's give a hand in this matter. We need to support each other.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I am doing this also...thought i would mention all of the Jersey people that come up to tug hill all winter should do this too.

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hangman said:
Letter modified as a "tourist", signed, stamped, will drop in mail in the AM. Come on everyone, let's give a hand in this matter. We need to support each other.
This guy rocks. I have sent stuff to other states many times. Glad to see someone else does the same. Thanks man!!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Im on it.........

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^ Awesome! Mine are out there and many from other forums sent them out this morning or already. I sent emails too and personalized them a tad at the beginning. The budget is coming up real quick so we need to get them out NOW. Later next week will not be good. Someone on trail conditions.com got a response even so our letters are doing something. It is the only thing we can do. This is 1 million a year for the next 5 years. The money they are taking is the money that was going to our local clubs so the trails we all ride are going to lose money if this goes thru.. and you know what happens if a club doesn't have money.
-Crap groomers that are always down
-Lack of diesel fuel to groom
-Lack of trail signs
-Lack of bridges or bridges that keep getting worse and worse
-No new trails because we don't have the money to develop them
and of course alot more.

Everyone needs to do their part here and quick. This is super easy and will cost you less than 2 bucks.

This is not something to not worry about. Someone posted the numbers on trail conditions and the NYSSA website. This will put a large dent in funding to our clubs if it passes.

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow by the looks of it you tourists are sending as much as the NY'kers on here!

Don't worry, they will take our snowmobile trail fund money we paid and use it for something good (BULL!!)
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2010/03/gov_david_paterson_earmarks_77.html

This thread should have every NY'ker on the forum at least sending letters.

Good work to you guys that did!!!! NY riders thank you!

·
Registered
92 Posts
The letters are printed and will be sent in the AM

I live in NY and love the sport I also printed off some for my brother to sign and send in...

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Good Luck

It does work, we where about to loose $300,000 in MN
but enough people stood up to stop it.
YOU guys are in a much worse situation then we where.

No email address???

add me as another "tourist"

Our state cant find money to fix anything, but have over $7,000,000 to build a art studio in a town of a few thousand, plus a few years back, MN spent about $1 Billion dollars on a building for the ART'S. These "ART" people have there hands in everyones pocket. There Sneaky little S****.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Im i new yorker and i want to send some and print a whole bunch out for other people but the link doesnt work anywhere else i can get the forms?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Mine will go out in the morning, from a Michigan "Tourist" [thumb]

I couldn't get the link to work either, so I went to http://www.nyssnowassoc.org/ to get the letter and change it in Microsoft Word.

I hope this works for you guys, it really stinks what they are trying to do!

Mike

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just spoke to some people in Florida that will be printing out the letter and sending it in as tourist. Hopefully with everyones support we can get this situation resolved.....

·
Registered
761 Posts
Printed off a 1 for the wife and 1 for myself!
We should all send a bill to them for the postage, I mean come on this is HIGHLY illegal what they are doing...

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Here's one from a WI tourist.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts